Heritage Hill Playground closing for day April 28 for maintenance
GREEN — Heritage Hill Playground, located in Boettler Park at 5300 Massillon Road, will be closed for maintenance April 28 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
According to city officials, members of the Echo Company, Recruit Sustainment Program, Recruiting & Retention Command, Ohio Army National Guard, stationed at the Akron-Canton Airport, will complete several maintenance projects at the playground.
Boettler Park will be open that day, and the small playground facility located near the soccer fields also will be open.
According to city officials, 60 to 75 servicemen and women will seal coat the wooden play structure and fence, as well as do other minor spring cleaning at the playground. City officials estimate more than 400 hours will be donated by the Ohio Army National Guard during this community service project.
“We are so pleased the Ohio Army National Guard selected the city of Green to complete their service project this year,” said Mike Elkins, superintendent of Green Parks and Recreation. “The work they can get done in one day really helps our maintenance staff prepare the parks for the summer by freeing up their time to focus on other maintenance projects.”
Heritage Hill Playground was built by community members and opened in 1999.
— Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Entertainment News
- Magical Theatre unveils restoration
- Six decked-out homes on Sugar Plum Tour
- Gifts, inspiration found at Crafty Mart
- Falls native receives award from White House
- Coach House staging entertaining ‘Blithe Spirit’
- Decorated trees, holiday displays needed for Christmas in the Park
- CVNP’s winter Schedule of Events available
Calendar of Events
- Ballroom Nights - 11/27/2015
- Black Friday Music Party - 11/27/2015
- Author Fran Wilde - 11/28/2015
- “Nutcracker” - 11/28/2015
- American Indians of Sand Run - 11/28/2015