Gate Lodge greets crowds for Founders’ Day
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
Darren Williams, of Wilmington, is shown at top right as he photographs one of the displays on the history of AA at the Gate Lodge.
The front room of the house, pictured at right bottom, is where Wilson and Smith conducted their historic conversation, which officials said lasted four hours on Mother’s Day in 1935.
Other Founders’ Day events took place at The University of Akron, Mount Peace Cemetery and Dr. Bob’s House, Smith’s West Akron home that is now a museum. Next year’s events will take place June 13-15, according to the Akron Area Intergroup Council.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Entertainment News
- Magical Theatre unveils restoration
- Six decked-out homes on Sugar Plum Tour
- Gifts, inspiration found at Crafty Mart
- Falls native receives award from White House
- Coach House staging entertaining ‘Blithe Spirit’
- Decorated trees, holiday displays needed for Christmas in the Park
- CVNP’s winter Schedule of Events available
Calendar of Events
- Author Fran Wilde - 11/28/2015
- “Nutcracker” - 11/28/2015
- American Indians of Sand Run - 11/28/2015
- Movie Matinee - 11/28/2015
- Indoor Snow Day - 11/28/2015