Gate Lodge greets crowds for Founders’ Day
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
Darren Williams, of Wilmington, is shown at top right as he photographs one of the displays on the history of AA at the Gate Lodge.
The front room of the house, pictured at right bottom, is where Wilson and Smith conducted their historic conversation, which officials said lasted four hours on Mother’s Day in 1935.
Other Founders’ Day events took place at The University of Akron, Mount Peace Cemetery and Dr. Bob’s House, Smith’s West Akron home that is now a museum. Next year’s events will take place June 13-15, according to the Akron Area Intergroup Council.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Entertainment News
- Square Fest street festival returns to Highland Square
- Streep’s character sight for sore ears in ‘Florence Foster Jenkins’
- Alzheimer’s Association kicks off walk at airship base
- Akron Chapter of Jack and Jill of America members attend teen conference
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Sun shines on art-A-palooza
Calendar of Events
- Genealogy 101: Beyond Ancestry.com - 8/31/2016
- Lock Bottom Blues and Jazz Club: Skip Gibson and Finesse - 8/31/2016
- Downtown @ Dusk: Angie Haze - 9/1/2016
- “Hangover Square” - 9/1/2016
- Quarry Hike - 9/1/2016