Gate Lodge greets crowds for Founders’ Day
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
Darren Williams, of Wilmington, is shown at top right as he photographs one of the displays on the history of AA at the Gate Lodge.
The front room of the house, pictured at right bottom, is where Wilson and Smith conducted their historic conversation, which officials said lasted four hours on Mother’s Day in 1935.
Other Founders’ Day events took place at The University of Akron, Mount Peace Cemetery and Dr. Bob’s House, Smith’s West Akron home that is now a museum. Next year’s events will take place June 13-15, according to the Akron Area Intergroup Council.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Entertainment News
- Wolf Creek Players bring theater to Norton, beyond
- Winter survival stories — lessons from birds
- Nile Project coming to E.J. Thomas
- UA students, alumni create icy art
- Couples brave snow to marry on Valentine’s Day
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Women’s Endowment Fund to welcome Kathleen Kennedy Townsend
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 2/28/2015
- Mums the Word - 2/28/2015
- Michael Winston - 2/28/2015
- Lauren Braman Memorial Chili Cook-Off - 2/28/2015
- “The Lonesome West” - 2/28/2015