Gate Lodge greets crowds for Founders’ Day
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
Darren Williams, of Wilmington, is shown at top right as he photographs one of the displays on the history of AA at the Gate Lodge.
The front room of the house, pictured at right bottom, is where Wilson and Smith conducted their historic conversation, which officials said lasted four hours on Mother’s Day in 1935.
Other Founders’ Day events took place at The University of Akron, Mount Peace Cemetery and Dr. Bob’s House, Smith’s West Akron home that is now a museum. Next year’s events will take place June 13-15, according to the Akron Area Intergroup Council.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Entertainment News
- Porthouse opens season with ‘Sister Act’
- BioBlitz shines light on CVNP’s diversity
- Knight Center, Metro Parks presenting nature display
- STEM Middle School student wins design challenge
- Mardis, Meilinger wed in Cincinnati
- DAP announces changes to Akron Art Prize
- Area celebrations mark Independence Day
- DAR recognizes City of Green
Calendar of Events
- Kathy Johnson Trio - 6/29/2016
- The Big 5 Show - 6/29/2016
- Reading to the Rescues: ages 4 and older - 6/29/2016
- Heart to Heart Kids’ Time Camp - 6/29/2016
- Fossils For Kids - 6/30/2016