Gate Lodge greets crowds for Foundersí Day
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
Darren Williams, of Wilmington, is shown at top right as he photographs one of the displays on the history of AA at the Gate Lodge.
The front room of the house, pictured at right bottom, is where Wilson and Smith conducted their historic conversation, which officials said lasted four hours on Mother’s Day in 1935.
Other Founders’ Day events took place at The University of Akron, Mount Peace Cemetery and Dr. Bob’s House, Smith’s West Akron home that is now a museum. Next year’s events will take place June 13-15, according to the Akron Area Intergroup Council.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Entertainment News
- Fresh Beat Bandís kid-friendly pop returns to Akron
- CMA featuring collection of surrealist, modernist photographs
- St. Sebastianís September Spectacular continues anniversary celebration
- Miller South student collects books for others
- DAR honors Laura Dunlop for veteransí assistance
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Fun treats found at Boo at the Zoo
Calendar of Events
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- ďFamily HealthĒ Book Sale - 10/31/2014
- Beyond D.A.B.D.A.: Grief Counseling with Children and Adults - 10/31/2014
- The Midtown Men - 10/31/2014
- Creepy Crawlies - 10/31/2014