Works by Highland Middle School students published
|Photo courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
The Inkspot is designed to showcase and highlight the imaginations and creative thoughts of youth through poetry, prose and artwork of students in Medina County Public Schools, according to Highland Local Schools officials.
More than 480 entries were considered for this year’s publication. Highland Middle School writers include Alyson Hagen, E.G. Foutz, Grace Braver, Joscelin Collins, Ashley Mennenga, Ben Rife, Nolan Marcellino, Kimberly Sprungl, Joey Esker, Grace McCormick, Jamie DeMeulenaere, Abby Lewicki and Samantha Zeiger.
Shown above, from left, are art students: (front row) Sprungl, Colleen Flannery, Lena Murphy, Eli Fragnoli, Lauren Johnson, Taylor Waibel, Evan Kasulones and Derick Wellman; and (back row) Michael Back, Jacob Marquis, Shane Nelson, Connor Klein, Austin Pliska, Mitchell Hutchings and art teacher Lee Palencar.
More Entertainment News
- Square Fest street festival returns to Highland Square
- Streep’s character sight for sore ears in ‘Florence Foster Jenkins’
- Alzheimer’s Association kicks off walk at airship base
- Akron Chapter of Jack and Jill of America members attend teen conference
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Sun shines on art-A-palooza
Calendar of Events
- GriefCare Place - 8/30/2016
- Wine and Genes Symposium - 8/30/2016
- Metro Parks Ensemble - 8/30/2016
- Rock-a-Bye Tales - 8/30/2016
- Genealogy 101: Beyond Ancestry.com - 8/31/2016