Works by Highland Middle School students published
|Photo courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
The Inkspot is designed to showcase and highlight the imaginations and creative thoughts of youth through poetry, prose and artwork of students in Medina County Public Schools, according to Highland Local Schools officials.
More than 480 entries were considered for this year’s publication. Highland Middle School writers include Alyson Hagen, E.G. Foutz, Grace Braver, Joscelin Collins, Ashley Mennenga, Ben Rife, Nolan Marcellino, Kimberly Sprungl, Joey Esker, Grace McCormick, Jamie DeMeulenaere, Abby Lewicki and Samantha Zeiger.
Shown above, from left, are art students: (front row) Sprungl, Colleen Flannery, Lena Murphy, Eli Fragnoli, Lauren Johnson, Taylor Waibel, Evan Kasulones and Derick Wellman; and (back row) Michael Back, Jacob Marquis, Shane Nelson, Connor Klein, Austin Pliska, Mitchell Hutchings and art teacher Lee Palencar.
More Entertainment News
- Wolf Creek Players bring theater to Norton, beyond
- Winter survival stories — lessons from birds
- Nile Project coming to E.J. Thomas
- UA students, alumni create icy art
- Couples brave snow to marry on Valentine’s Day
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Women’s Endowment Fund to welcome Kathleen Kennedy Townsend
Calendar of Events
- American Sewing Guild Fairlawn Group - 3/3/2015
- Civic Engagement and Managing Water Resources in Northeast Ohio and Globally - 3/3/2015
- The Nile Project: Interactive Performance & Capstone Concert - 3/3/2015
- Ohio and Erie Canal: A Timeline - 3/4/2015
- Alan Greene and T.C. Odegard - 3/4/2015