Works by Highland Middle School students published
|Photo courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
The Inkspot is designed to showcase and highlight the imaginations and creative thoughts of youth through poetry, prose and artwork of students in Medina County Public Schools, according to Highland Local Schools officials.
More than 480 entries were considered for this year’s publication. Highland Middle School writers include Alyson Hagen, E.G. Foutz, Grace Braver, Joscelin Collins, Ashley Mennenga, Ben Rife, Nolan Marcellino, Kimberly Sprungl, Joey Esker, Grace McCormick, Jamie DeMeulenaere, Abby Lewicki and Samantha Zeiger.
Shown above, from left, are art students: (front row) Sprungl, Colleen Flannery, Lena Murphy, Eli Fragnoli, Lauren Johnson, Taylor Waibel, Evan Kasulones and Derick Wellman; and (back row) Michael Back, Jacob Marquis, Shane Nelson, Connor Klein, Austin Pliska, Mitchell Hutchings and art teacher Lee Palencar.
More Entertainment News
- Collaboration key to UA, Neos Dance Theatre’s ‘Snow White’
- Summit Choral Society commemorating Kent’s May 4
- Shaw JCC of Akron launches construction of new aquatics facility
- Classic barbershop sounds at Derbytown Chorus show
- Area residents celebrate ‘Sing With Your Child Month’
- William Wetmore Chapter members attend state conference
- Efforts to preserve former camp get boost from agreement, open house
- Akron Host Lions partake in World Lunch Relay
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Summit Church offering Space Blast
Calendar of Events
- Apollo’s Fire - 4/24/2014
- “Bye Bye Birdie” - 4/24/2014
- Alzheimer’s Association Caregiver Support Group - 4/24/2014
- Delicious, Healthful Olive Oil - 4/24/2014
- Open House - 4/24/2014