Works by Highland Middle School students published
|Photo courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
The Inkspot is designed to showcase and highlight the imaginations and creative thoughts of youth through poetry, prose and artwork of students in Medina County Public Schools, according to Highland Local Schools officials.
More than 480 entries were considered for this year’s publication. Highland Middle School writers include Alyson Hagen, E.G. Foutz, Grace Braver, Joscelin Collins, Ashley Mennenga, Ben Rife, Nolan Marcellino, Kimberly Sprungl, Joey Esker, Grace McCormick, Jamie DeMeulenaere, Abby Lewicki and Samantha Zeiger.
Shown above, from left, are art students: (front row) Sprungl, Colleen Flannery, Lena Murphy, Eli Fragnoli, Lauren Johnson, Taylor Waibel, Evan Kasulones and Derick Wellman; and (back row) Michael Back, Jacob Marquis, Shane Nelson, Connor Klein, Austin Pliska, Mitchell Hutchings and art teacher Lee Palencar.
More Entertainment News
- Fresh Beat Band’s kid-friendly pop returns to Akron
- CMA featuring collection of surrealist, modernist photographs
- St. Sebastian’s September Spectacular continues anniversary celebration
- Miller South student collects books for others
- DAR honors Laura Dunlop for veterans’ assistance
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Fun treats found at Boo at the Zoo
Calendar of Events
- “Virtues and Vices” to benefit Child Guidance and Family Solutions - 11/1/2014
- Neos Dance Theatre’s “Count: The Legend of Dracula” - 11/1/2014
- Basket Weaving 101: Pumpkin Basket - 11/1/2014
- Learn and Do Safety Fair - 11/1/2014
- Composting - 11/1/2014