Family fun offered at Greenís FreedomFest
The family-oriented event offered activities for children, food, live music and fireworks and was sponsored by Summa Health System and Legends Sports Pub & Grille, with support also from General RV.
Among the activities at the festival was a display of various aircraft presented by MAPS Air Museum, shown above.
Visitors also were able to keep their cool while enjoying the fun in a misting tent. Shown at right bottom, from left, are Carter Competty, 5, and his sister, Gracen, 8, using the tent.
Shown below is one of the many carnival games set up during FreedomFest.
Pam Howdyshell, a secretary in the Green Parks and Recreation Division, is shown at right top, at left, with intern Bethany Behnfeldt welcoming visitors to FreedomFest.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Scott Horstman
More Entertainment News
- Square Fest street festival returns to Highland Square
- Streepís character sight for sore ears in ĎFlorence Foster Jenkinsí
- Alzheimerís Association kicks off walk at airship base
- Akron Chapter of Jack and Jill of America members attend teen conference
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Sun shines on art-A-palooza
Calendar of Events
- Yoga and Mimosa; Yoga and Wine - 8/29/2016
- Hearing Loss Support Group - 8/29/2016
- How to Read Sheet Music - 8/29/2016
- GriefCare Place - 8/30/2016
- Wine and Genes Symposium - 8/30/2016