Family fun offered at Green’s FreedomFest
The family-oriented event offered activities for children, food, live music and fireworks and was sponsored by Summa Health System and Legends Sports Pub & Grille, with support also from General RV.
Among the activities at the festival was a display of various aircraft presented by MAPS Air Museum, shown above.
Visitors also were able to keep their cool while enjoying the fun in a misting tent. Shown at right bottom, from left, are Carter Competty, 5, and his sister, Gracen, 8, using the tent.
Shown below is one of the many carnival games set up during FreedomFest.
Pam Howdyshell, a secretary in the Green Parks and Recreation Division, is shown at right top, at left, with intern Bethany Behnfeldt welcoming visitors to FreedomFest.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Scott Horstman
More Entertainment News
- GroundWorks program reflects on transition, language
- Strong acting featured in Coach House play
- None Too Fragile stages ‘Skull in Connemara’
- Revere Reflections art contest state winners announced
- Sisters looking for new home
- Ivy searching for special home
- Area residents raise funds for Green memorial
Calendar of Events
- Family Fishing - 3/29/2017
- Art For the Animals - 3/29/2017
- Pilates - 3/29/2017
- Warbler Warm-Up - 3/29/2017
- Author Talk: Terry Pluto - 3/29/2017