Family fun offered at Greenís FreedomFest
The family-oriented event offered activities for children, food, live music and fireworks and was sponsored by Summa Health System and Legends Sports Pub & Grille, with support also from General RV.
Among the activities at the festival was a display of various aircraft presented by MAPS Air Museum, shown above.
Visitors also were able to keep their cool while enjoying the fun in a misting tent. Shown at right bottom, from left, are Carter Competty, 5, and his sister, Gracen, 8, using the tent.
Shown below is one of the many carnival games set up during FreedomFest.
Pam Howdyshell, a secretary in the Green Parks and Recreation Division, is shown at right top, at left, with intern Bethany Behnfeldt welcoming visitors to FreedomFest.
— By Maria Lindsay
Photos: Scott Horstman
More Entertainment News
- Fresh Beat Bandís kid-friendly pop returns to Akron
- CMA featuring collection of surrealist, modernist photographs
- St. Sebastianís September Spectacular continues anniversary celebration
- Miller South student collects books for others
- DAR honors Laura Dunlop for veteransí assistance
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Fun treats found at Boo at the Zoo
Calendar of Events
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- ďFamily HealthĒ Book Sale - 10/31/2014
- Beyond D.A.B.D.A.: Grief Counseling with Children and Adults - 10/31/2014
- The Midtown Men - 10/31/2014
- Creepy Crawlies - 10/31/2014