Cascade Locks’ Canal Fest fun for all
Volunteers Brian Anderson, of Akron, and Champagne Hausknecht, of Coventry, are shown above as they release the ducks at the starting line into the canal for the first of two races for prizes.
Volunteer Terry Brown, of Akron, was positioned at the end of the race, as shown below, to pull the winning duck, whose sponsor Casey Rogers won a ride on the Akron Children’s Hospital Air Bear helicopter.
The day also featured fun activities for children and adults. Schoolmates Gade Lanham, 6, and Luke Morber, 5, both of Firestone Park, enjoyed a train ride, as shown at right bottom.
Pictured at right top is Green resident Caleb Timms-Jones, 5, as he jumps in the bounce house located in the children’s area behind the Mustill Store.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Ken Crisafi
More Entertainment News
- Wolf Creek Players bring theater to Norton, beyond
- Winter survival stories — lessons from birds
- Nile Project coming to E.J. Thomas
- UA students, alumni create icy art
- Couples brave snow to marry on Valentine’s Day
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Women’s Endowment Fund to welcome Kathleen Kennedy Townsend
Calendar of Events
- The Nile and African Identity - 3/2/2015
- American Sewing Guild Fairlawn Group - 3/3/2015
- Civic Engagement and Managing Water Resources in Northeast Ohio and Globally - 3/3/2015
- The Nile Project: Interactive Performance & Capstone Concert - 3/3/2015
- Ohio and Erie Canal: A Timeline - 3/4/2015