Holiday weekend fun found at Springfield’s Rock the Docks
|Photos: Dale Dong|
Cameron Walder, 8, of Springfield, enjoyed a ride in a pontoon boat during the festival on July 5, shown at right top.
Others had the chance to enjoy music, such as the sounds of Marshall Law, who are pictured above performing at the Vincent J. Mealy Memorial Gazebo. Robert Jackson and Chris Morris, both of Springfield, were inspired to kick up their heels during the band’s performance, as shown at right bottom.
The festival also featured carnival rides and games, boat races and fireworks.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Entertainment News
- Collaboration key to UA, Neos Dance Theatre’s ‘Snow White’
- Summit Choral Society commemorating Kent’s May 4
- Shaw JCC of Akron launches construction of new aquatics facility
- Classic barbershop sounds at Derbytown Chorus show
- Area residents celebrate ‘Sing With Your Child Month’
- William Wetmore Chapter members attend state conference
- Efforts to preserve former camp get boost from agreement, open house
- Akron Host Lions partake in World Lunch Relay
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Summit Church offering Space Blast
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 4/23/2014
- Jeri Holland - 4/23/2014
- Blue Man Group - 4/23/2014
- Apollo’s Fire - 4/24/2014
- “Bye Bye Birdie” - 4/24/2014