West Side Cause for Celebration
Falls Cancer Club
CUYAHOGA FALLS — The Falls Cancer Club is helping to sponsor a community event that will take place July 27 at the Bailey Road Tavern. This is a day/evening event that will have all proceeds going to the Falls Cancer Club Inc. in order to pay cancer-related doctor, hospital and pharmacy bills for patients registered with the Falls Cancer Club. The public is welcomed and encouraged to attend. The schedule of live bands is: Zak Hamlin, 1 p.m.; A Song for Her, 2 p.m.; Average Joe, 3 p.m.; Clyde Hensley, 4 p.m.; Hair Trigger Johnson, 5 p.m.; Jim Dotson, 6 p.m.; Mr. Wrong/Mitch Ury, 7 p.m.; The Just Wait Band, 8 p.m.; and The Delta Dogs, 9 p.m. A donation of $5 or a new or gently used bra is suggested. For more information, contact Melinda Dull at Melsbterry@att.net.
Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
DOWNTOWN AKRON — The second annual Akron Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure will take place July 28. The race will start at 8 a.m. at Firestone Stadium and end at Firestone Country Club. Through July 23, online registration is available at www.komenneohio.org. In person registration will be available July 25 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Summit Mall and July 26 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Chapel Hill Mall. Registration will be available the morning of the race from 6 to 8 a.m. The race is also looking for more than 335 volunteers. To register to volunteer, visit www.komenneohio.org/komen-race-for-the-cure/volunteer/.
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
CUYAHOGA FALLS — A Food Truck Round Up and Huge Tent Sale will take place July 27 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Rubber City Harley-Davidson, 1120 Main St. According to event officials, 10 percent of food truck proceeds will benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, and Rubber City Harley-Davidson will donate an additional $1 for each person in the doors that day (up to $500). Trucks that will be on hand include Wholly Frijoles Mexican Street Foods, Stone Pelican Rolling Café, Sushi on the Roll, Kräv Food Truck and The Orange Trük. For details, call 330-535-9900.
More Entertainment News
- Collaboration key to UA, Neos Dance Theatre’s ‘Snow White’
- Summit Choral Society commemorating Kent’s May 4
- Shaw JCC of Akron launches construction of new aquatics facility
- Classic barbershop sounds at Derbytown Chorus show
- Area residents celebrate ‘Sing With Your Child Month’
- William Wetmore Chapter members attend state conference
- Efforts to preserve former camp get boost from agreement, open house
- Akron Host Lions partake in World Lunch Relay
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Summit Church offering Space Blast
Calendar of Events
- Susan Graham - 4/21/2014
- Prostate Cancer Awareness Ministry - 4/21/2014
- A New Adventure - 4/23/2014
- Jeri Holland - 4/23/2014
- Blue Man Group - 4/23/2014