Family fun celebrated at Summit County Fair
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
The fair, which started July 23, is presented by the Summit County Agricultural Society of Ohio and features agricultural displays and exhibits, as well as traditional fair activities like rides. Shown above are visitors strolling the midway at the fair on opening day.
The Summit County Fair also offers an opportunity for those who own a working farm to display their livestock and youth who participate in 4-H to showcase their projects, according to fair officials.
Shown top right July 23 are judges and their helpers surveying the chickens in a barn at the fair.
Shown bottom right right is Green resident Landry McVicker with her mare Serenada during judging July 23.
Admission is $6 for ages 8 and older and free for ages 7 and younger. Rides may be an additional cost. Parking is free.
The fair is open today, July 26, and tomorrow, July 27, from 8 a.m. to midnight and July 28 from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
For a complete schedule of events at the fair, visit www.summitfair.com.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Entertainment News
- Porthouse opens season with ‘Sister Act’
- BioBlitz shines light on CVNP’s diversity
- Knight Center, Metro Parks presenting nature display
- STEM Middle School student wins design challenge
- Mardis, Meilinger wed in Cincinnati
- DAP announces changes to Akron Art Prize
- Area celebrations mark Independence Day
- DAR recognizes City of Green
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 6/25/2016
- Buckeye Martinfest - 6/25/2016
- Downton Bath 1900-1950 - 6/25/2016
- Jackson Browne - 6/25/2016
- Tony! Toni! Toné! with Rumpelstiltskin - 6/25/2016