Family fun celebrated at Summit County Fair
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
The fair, which started July 23, is presented by the Summit County Agricultural Society of Ohio and features agricultural displays and exhibits, as well as traditional fair activities like rides. Shown above are visitors strolling the midway at the fair on opening day.
The Summit County Fair also offers an opportunity for those who own a working farm to display their livestock and youth who participate in 4-H to showcase their projects, according to fair officials.
Shown top right July 23 are judges and their helpers surveying the chickens in a barn at the fair.
Shown bottom right right is Green resident Landry McVicker with her mare Serenada during judging July 23.
Admission is $6 for ages 8 and older and free for ages 7 and younger. Rides may be an additional cost. Parking is free.
The fair is open today, July 26, and tomorrow, July 27, from 8 a.m. to midnight and July 28 from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
For a complete schedule of events at the fair, visit www.summitfair.com.
— By Kathleen Collins
More Entertainment News
- Collaboration key to UA, Neos Dance Theatre’s ‘Snow White’
- Summit Choral Society commemorating Kent’s May 4
- Shaw JCC of Akron launches construction of new aquatics facility
- Classic barbershop sounds at Derbytown Chorus show
- Area residents celebrate ‘Sing With Your Child Month’
- William Wetmore Chapter members attend state conference
- Efforts to preserve former camp get boost from agreement, open house
- Akron Host Lions partake in World Lunch Relay
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Summit Church offering Space Blast
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 4/23/2014
- Jeri Holland - 4/23/2014
- Blue Man Group - 4/23/2014
- Apollo’s Fire - 4/24/2014
- “Bye Bye Birdie” - 4/24/2014