Tasty fun served up at Hamburger Festival
Mark and Carol Dittrich, of Barberton, were among the festival-goers who enjoyed this year’s event Aug. 17. They are shown at right middle as Carol sports a hamburger hat she bought at the festival.
Tony Finnestad, of Nashville, and Susan Czuprynski, of Columbus, both employees of Max and Erma’s, are pictured at right bottom far right as they enjoy a taste from the festival.
Among the contests again this year was Bobbing for Burgers, with the selection of foam burgers on display shown at right top before they were submerged in a pool of ketchup. Contestants Dennis DiMartino, of Youngstown; Christy Sinko, of Medina; and Chaz Mulligan, of Raleigh, N.C., are shown below during the contest as festival founder and organizer Drew Cerza, of Buffalo, gave the play-by-play.
Sinko, who had won the event four times previously, once again emerged the victor, and she is shown at top being declared champ.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Krista Galloway
More Entertainment News
- Fresh Beat Band’s kid-friendly pop returns to Akron
- CMA featuring collection of surrealist, modernist photographs
- St. Sebastian’s September Spectacular continues anniversary celebration
- Miller South student collects books for others
- DAR honors Laura Dunlop for veterans’ assistance
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Fun treats found at Boo at the Zoo
Calendar of Events
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- “Family Health” Book Sale - 10/31/2014
- Beyond D.A.B.D.A.: Grief Counseling with Children and Adults - 10/31/2014
- The Midtown Men - 10/31/2014
- Creepy Crawlies - 10/31/2014