Akron Rotary Camp renovations complete
The Akron Rotary Camp Regatta Celebration and Fundraiser included catering by Beau’s Grille and Beau’s on the River, music by local musicians and fireworks over the lake at the camp’s renovated location, 4460 Rex Lake Drive. Attendees celebrated the completion of a major remodel, which will benefit thousands of special needs children and their families, according to camp officials. Honorary chairman Jim Tressel addressed the crowd.
Attendees included, shown at right top, from left, Mary Beth and Chuck Abraham and Bonnie Wonjo. Also enjoying the evening in the new facilities were, from left, Matt Dalesandro, Judges Linda (Summit County Juvenile Court) and Tom Teodosio (Summit County Common Pleas Court), Tracy McCutcheon and Brad Eimer, shown above.
McCutcheon, Eimer and Amy and Matt Dalesandro are shown at right bottom, from left, as they take part in the celebration.
Founded in 1924, the camp has been the primary project of the Rotary Club of Akron and has been managed by the Akron Area YMCA for more than a decade. Every year at the camp, more than 1,000 children and adults with special needs experience traditional camp activities such as games, arts and crafts, canoeing, swimming and campfires, according to camp officials. The camp offers day, overnight and respite programs.
— By Ariel Hakim
More Entertainment News
- Fresh Beat Bandís kid-friendly pop returns to Akron
- CMA featuring collection of surrealist, modernist photographs
- St. Sebastianís September Spectacular continues anniversary celebration
- Miller South student collects books for others
- DAR honors Laura Dunlop for veteransí assistance
- West Side Cause for Celebration
Calendar of Events
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- ďFamily HealthĒ Book Sale - 10/31/2014
- Beyond D.A.B.D.A.: Grief Counseling with Children and Adults - 10/31/2014
- The Midtown Men - 10/31/2014
- Creepy Crawlies - 10/31/2014