Summit DD creates art for Probate Court
|Photo courtesy of the Summit County Developmental Disabilities Board|
“The pieces add so much color to our walls. They will be a pleasure to look at every day,” said Judge Elinore Marsh Stormer.
According to Summit DD officials, Stormer commissioned the works for her offices.
The main piece created features water lilies and three-dimensional, Dale Chihuly-style accents that mimic the look of blown glass, according to Summit DD officials. It was installed in the main hallway of the Probate Court office. Small, secondary works also were created for Stormer to display throughout the offices.
“The artists quickly began sketching ideas once we got the project. We submitted a few to the court, and they picked the water lily design,” said Summit DD Business Innovations Manager Jacquie Owens. “All of the Dream Out Loud Studio artists contributed to the pieces.”
Shown above with Stormer, at center, posing by the installation are Summit DD Dream Out Loud Studio artists Carl and Mary.
More Entertainment News
Calendar of Events
- The University of Akron Brass Choir’s “Home for Thanksgiving” - 11/23/2014
- Jerry McNamee book signing - 11/23/2014
- Metro Parks Book Club: “Choosing Wildness” by Claude Arbour - 11/23/2014
- Candlelight Walk - 11/23/2014
- The University of Akron Percussion Ensemble - 11/24/2014