Portage Lakes Kiwanis delivers holiday cheer
|Photos: Krista Galloway|
The delivery program has grown since it first started and included 17 routes that featured Santa Claus arriving by sleigh in neighborhoods with gifts for children. To participate, residents dropped off wrapped gifts at designated sites to be given during Santa’s visit.
Shown top right is one Santa waving as he starts off on his route.
Another Santa, portrayed by New York City resident Larry Camp, is pictured right middle during a visit with New Franklin resident Ken Wedel, his son, Adam, and his wife, Chrissy. Camp was visiting the area with former New Franklin resident Bill Elias, who now also lives in New York City. Elias, now 33, has helped out with the Santa Delivery program since he was 14. This time, he drove the truck for Camp and served as his helper.
Also receiving a visit and gift was New Franklin resident Justin Hagen, 14, shown bottom right on Santa’s lap. More of the Hagen family is shown above watching as Justin Hagen’s grandfather, Bill Hagen, gets a gift from Santa.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Entertainment News
- Square Fest street festival returns to Highland Square
- Streepís character sight for sore ears in ĎFlorence Foster Jenkinsí
- Alzheimerís Association kicks off walk at airship base
- Akron Chapter of Jack and Jill of America members attend teen conference
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Sun shines on art-A-palooza
Calendar of Events
- Kinderealm: Bees: for ages 3-6 - 8/27/2016
- Yoga - 8/27/2016
- Jazz Under the Stars: Mojo: The Generationís Big Band - 8/27/2016
- Barbara Knight Trio; Artwerk - 8/27/2016
- Catherine Gray Jackson Tribute Exhibition - 8/27/2016