Al Kaf announces annual elections, potentate breakfast
WEST AKRON — Al Kaf Temple No. 109, Ancient Egyptian Arabic Order Nobles of the Mystic Shrine Inc. (AEAONMS Inc.) held its annual elections Dec. 8.
The following officers were elected and installed into office: Noble Eric Kidd Sr. as the 50th illustrious potentate; Noble Garland Reed as chief rabban, Noble Fred Henderson as assistant rabban, Noble Shawn Strode as high priest and prophet, Noble Terry Mason Sr. as Oriental guide, Noble Mack Stephens as treasurer and Noble Lemmie Smith Jr. as recorder.
Al Kaf has two past potentates serving as deputies, nobles Larry Ivery, deputy of the oasis (Akron), and Leonard Foster, imperial deputy of the desert (Ohio).
To celebrate the election of the 50th Illustrious Potentate, Kidd Sr., a breakfast in his honor will take place Jan. 11 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Al Kaf Grenadier Club, 1621 Frederick Blvd.
This event is free and open to the public and includes breakfast and lunch at a cost, raffles and a cash bar. Music will be provided by DJ M-Leezy of the Supreme DJ Unit. Temples and Courts from all over Ohio and beyond will be on hand for this festive occasion.
For additional information, contact Reed at 330-524-8962, Strode at 330-714-5700 or Past Potentate Lamont Wilson at 330-472-8327.
More Entertainment News
- Square Fest street festival returns to Highland Square
- Streep’s character sight for sore ears in ‘Florence Foster Jenkins’
- Alzheimer’s Association kicks off walk at airship base
- Akron Chapter of Jack and Jill of America members attend teen conference
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Sun shines on art-A-palooza
Calendar of Events
- Gospel Sundays: Tampa Murphy and the Highland Square Community Choir - 8/28/2016
- Billy Crowbeak - 8/28/2016
- Phenology: Whispers from Mother Nature - 8/28/2016
- Family Story Time - 8/28/2016
- Yoga and Mimosa; Yoga and Wine - 8/29/2016