Sons of Italy group collects gifts for Project RISE
|Photo courtesy of Project RISE|
The toy drive was coordinated by Mary Schifano, a retired APS teacher, and Norm Ross, according to Project RISE officials.
Sons of Italy members and Project RISE staff members are shown above wrapping some of the presents prior to their distribution.
Project RISE is a federally funded, collaborative effort by APS, local shelters and the Akron community to provide supplemental educational services to children experiencing homelessness, according to Project RISE officials.
Its staff members delivered the collected gifts to children in Akron homeless shelters, sang Christmas carols and shared cookies and punch with the families.
Last March, APS recognized the Sons of Italy at its volunteer recognition banquet for its ongoing service to Project RISE, according to Project RISE officials.
More Entertainment News
- Collaboration key to UA, Neos Dance Theatre’s ‘Snow White’
- Summit Choral Society commemorating Kent’s May 4
- Shaw JCC of Akron launches construction of new aquatics facility
- Classic barbershop sounds at Derbytown Chorus show
- Area residents celebrate ‘Sing With Your Child Month’
- William Wetmore Chapter members attend state conference
- Efforts to preserve former camp get boost from agreement, open house
- Akron Host Lions partake in World Lunch Relay
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Summit Church offering Space Blast
Calendar of Events
- Apollo’s Fire - 4/24/2014
- “Bye Bye Birdie” - 4/24/2014
- Alzheimer’s Association Caregiver Support Group - 4/24/2014
- Delicious, Healthful Olive Oil - 4/24/2014
- Open House - 4/24/2014