Sons of Italy group collects gifts for Project RISE
|Photo courtesy of Project RISE|
The toy drive was coordinated by Mary Schifano, a retired APS teacher, and Norm Ross, according to Project RISE officials.
Sons of Italy members and Project RISE staff members are shown above wrapping some of the presents prior to their distribution.
Project RISE is a federally funded, collaborative effort by APS, local shelters and the Akron community to provide supplemental educational services to children experiencing homelessness, according to Project RISE officials.
Its staff members delivered the collected gifts to children in Akron homeless shelters, sang Christmas carols and shared cookies and punch with the families.
Last March, APS recognized the Sons of Italy at its volunteer recognition banquet for its ongoing service to Project RISE, according to Project RISE officials.
More Entertainment News
- Square Fest street festival returns to Highland Square
- Streepís character sight for sore ears in ĎFlorence Foster Jenkinsí
- Alzheimerís Association kicks off walk at airship base
- Akron Chapter of Jack and Jill of America members attend teen conference
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Sun shines on art-A-palooza
Calendar of Events
- GriefCare Place - 8/30/2016
- Wine and Genes Symposium - 8/30/2016
- Metro Parks Ensemble - 8/30/2016
- Rock-a-Bye Tales - 8/30/2016
- Genealogy 101: Beyond Ancestry.com - 8/31/2016