Sons of Italy group collects gifts for Project RISE
|Photo courtesy of Project RISE|
The toy drive was coordinated by Mary Schifano, a retired APS teacher, and Norm Ross, according to Project RISE officials.
Sons of Italy members and Project RISE staff members are shown above wrapping some of the presents prior to their distribution.
Project RISE is a federally funded, collaborative effort by APS, local shelters and the Akron community to provide supplemental educational services to children experiencing homelessness, according to Project RISE officials.
Its staff members delivered the collected gifts to children in Akron homeless shelters, sang Christmas carols and shared cookies and punch with the families.
Last March, APS recognized the Sons of Italy at its volunteer recognition banquet for its ongoing service to Project RISE, according to Project RISE officials.
More Entertainment News
- Fresh Beat Bandís kid-friendly pop returns to Akron
- CMA featuring collection of surrealist, modernist photographs
- St. Sebastianís September Spectacular continues anniversary celebration
- Miller South student collects books for others
- DAR honors Laura Dunlop for veteransí assistance
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Fun treats found at Boo at the Zoo
Calendar of Events
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- ďFamily HealthĒ Book Sale - 10/31/2014
- Beyond D.A.B.D.A.: Grief Counseling with Children and Adults - 10/31/2014
- The Midtown Men - 10/31/2014
- Creepy Crawlies - 10/31/2014