Sons of Italy group collects gifts for Project RISE
|Photo courtesy of Project RISE|
The toy drive was coordinated by Mary Schifano, a retired APS teacher, and Norm Ross, according to Project RISE officials.
Sons of Italy members and Project RISE staff members are shown above wrapping some of the presents prior to their distribution.
Project RISE is a federally funded, collaborative effort by APS, local shelters and the Akron community to provide supplemental educational services to children experiencing homelessness, according to Project RISE officials.
Its staff members delivered the collected gifts to children in Akron homeless shelters, sang Christmas carols and shared cookies and punch with the families.
Last March, APS recognized the Sons of Italy at its volunteer recognition banquet for its ongoing service to Project RISE, according to Project RISE officials.
More Entertainment News
- Magical Theatre unveils restoration
- Six decked-out homes on Sugar Plum Tour
- Gifts, inspiration found at Crafty Mart
- Falls native receives award from White House
- Coach House staging entertaining ‘Blithe Spirit’
- Decorated trees, holiday displays needed for Christmas in the Park
- CVNP’s winter Schedule of Events available
Calendar of Events
- Cookbook Book Club: Chestnuts - 11/30/2015
- Baby Time - 11/30/2015
- American Sewing Guild Fairlawn Group - 12/1/2015
- Boy=Girl - 12/2/2015
- Handmade Gifts for the Holidays: ages 3-6 - 12/2/2015