Kiwanis members mark 2014 with new event
|Photos courtesy of Chuck Seeley|
The group watched as the first annual Portage Lakes Bluegill Drop took place at the stroke of midnight. The idea was created and officiated by Kiwanis member Larry Hunter, and included food, fun and games, according to event officials.
Kiwanis members and friends are pictured above during the Bluegill Drop.
The bluegill used for the ceremony, shown at right, is actually a pillow owned by Hunter. Bluegill fish are plentiful in the Portage Lakes, and the group uses their catch after several months of fishing for an annual fish fry fundraiser in September, according to Kiwanis members.
More Entertainment News
- Weathervane’s ‘A Christmas Carol’ making new holiday memories
- ‘Nutcracker’ production a family affair
- ‘Spectre’ full of action, ‘well done’
- Interactive ‘Blast from the Past’ at Wolf Creek
- Turkeys common site in Metro Parks
- Graf Growers offering holiday workshops
- Local athletes jumping in Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
Calendar of Events
- Jon Mosey - 11/25/2015
- Joseph Arthur - 11/25/2015
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous - 11/26/2015
- Ballroom Nights - 11/27/2015
- Black Friday Music Party - 11/27/2015