Kiwanis members mark 2014 with new event
|Photos courtesy of Chuck Seeley|
The group watched as the first annual Portage Lakes Bluegill Drop took place at the stroke of midnight. The idea was created and officiated by Kiwanis member Larry Hunter, and included food, fun and games, according to event officials.
Kiwanis members and friends are pictured above during the Bluegill Drop.
The bluegill used for the ceremony, shown at right, is actually a pillow owned by Hunter. Bluegill fish are plentiful in the Portage Lakes, and the group uses their catch after several months of fishing for an annual fish fry fundraiser in September, according to Kiwanis members.
More Entertainment News
- Wolf Creek Players bring theater to Norton, beyond
- Winter survival stories — lessons from birds
- Nile Project coming to E.J. Thomas
- UA students, alumni create icy art
- Couples brave snow to marry on Valentine’s Day
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Women’s Endowment Fund to welcome Kathleen Kennedy Townsend
Calendar of Events
- Ohio and Erie Canal: A Timeline - 3/4/2015
- Alan Greene and T.C. Odegard - 3/4/2015
- Cleveland International Film Festival Preview - 3/4/2015
- Creative Writing for Homeschoolers - 3/5/2015
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra - 3/5/2015