Kiwanis members mark 2014 with new event
|Photos courtesy of Chuck Seeley|
The group watched as the first annual Portage Lakes Bluegill Drop took place at the stroke of midnight. The idea was created and officiated by Kiwanis member Larry Hunter, and included food, fun and games, according to event officials.
Kiwanis members and friends are pictured above during the Bluegill Drop.
The bluegill used for the ceremony, shown at right, is actually a pillow owned by Hunter. Bluegill fish are plentiful in the Portage Lakes, and the group uses their catch after several months of fishing for an annual fish fry fundraiser in September, according to Kiwanis members.
More Entertainment News
Calendar of Events
- Kulas Concert Series: Zahari Metchkov and Joachim Reinhuber - 10/4/2015
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s to benefit Alzheimer’s Association - 10/4/2015
- Walk for Babies to benefit Akron Children’s Hospital - 10/4/2015
- Dixieland Jazz Concert and Jam - 10/4/2015
- Nature Drawing for Kids: ages 6-12 - 10/4/2015