Kiwanis members mark 2014 with new event
|Photos courtesy of Chuck Seeley|
The group watched as the first annual Portage Lakes Bluegill Drop took place at the stroke of midnight. The idea was created and officiated by Kiwanis member Larry Hunter, and included food, fun and games, according to event officials.
Kiwanis members and friends are pictured above during the Bluegill Drop.
The bluegill used for the ceremony, shown at right, is actually a pillow owned by Hunter. Bluegill fish are plentiful in the Portage Lakes, and the group uses their catch after several months of fishing for an annual fish fry fundraiser in September, according to Kiwanis members.
More Entertainment News
- Fresh Beat Band’s kid-friendly pop returns to Akron
- CMA featuring collection of surrealist, modernist photographs
- St. Sebastian’s September Spectacular continues anniversary celebration
- Miller South student collects books for others
- DAR honors Laura Dunlop for veterans’ assistance
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Fun treats found at Boo at the Zoo
Calendar of Events
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- “Family Health” Book Sale - 10/31/2014
- Beyond D.A.B.D.A.: Grief Counseling with Children and Adults - 10/31/2014
- The Midtown Men - 10/31/2014
- Creepy Crawlies - 10/31/2014