Kiwanis members mark 2014 with new event
|Photos courtesy of Chuck Seeley|
The group watched as the first annual Portage Lakes Bluegill Drop took place at the stroke of midnight. The idea was created and officiated by Kiwanis member Larry Hunter, and included food, fun and games, according to event officials.
Kiwanis members and friends are pictured above during the Bluegill Drop.
The bluegill used for the ceremony, shown at right, is actually a pillow owned by Hunter. Bluegill fish are plentiful in the Portage Lakes, and the group uses their catch after several months of fishing for an annual fish fry fundraiser in September, according to Kiwanis members.
More Entertainment News
- Square Fest street festival returns to Highland Square
- Streep’s character sight for sore ears in ‘Florence Foster Jenkins’
- Alzheimer’s Association kicks off walk at airship base
- Akron Chapter of Jack and Jill of America members attend teen conference
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Sun shines on art-A-palooza
Calendar of Events
- Downtown @ Dusk: Angie Haze - 9/1/2016
- “Hangover Square” - 9/1/2016
- Quarry Hike - 9/1/2016
- Pastel Workshop with Douglas House - 9/1/2016
- Homeschoolers: City Critters: ages 7-10 - 9/2/2016