McKinley Day marks president’s birth
The ceremony was held indoors due to the snowy weather that day. Staff Sgt. Jeffrey Holtz, of 338th U.S. Army Reserve, is shown at right top as he plays taps during the ceremony.
The historic site features the McKinley Monument, shown above, with a close-up of a statue of the 25th president at right bottom.
The event also included Civil War re-enactors, special shows in Discover World and an open hearth cooking demonstration in the Street of Shops. There were also special tours of the McKinley Gallery.
Located at 800 McKinley Monument Drive N.W., the site also features the Hoover-Price Planetarium. For more information, call 330-455-7043 or visit www.mckinleymuseum.org.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Entertainment News
- Porch Rokr returns to Highland Square
- ASO opens season celebrating national anthem
- WRP closes season with ‘Deadly Murder’
- Akron Zoo announces death of sloth bear
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Akron students create mural in Coventry
- Library celebrates milestones with party
- Scouts honor first responders
- South Side Cause for Celebration
Calendar of Events
- Medina County Story Fest - 9/20/2014
- A Vision to Share, a Story to Tell - 9/20/2014
- “Deadly Murder” - 9/20/2014
- Using Ancestry in Your Genealogy Research - 9/20/2014
- “The Sunset Limited” - 9/20/2014