McKinley Day marks president’s birth
The ceremony was held indoors due to the snowy weather that day. Staff Sgt. Jeffrey Holtz, of 338th U.S. Army Reserve, is shown at right top as he plays taps during the ceremony.
The historic site features the McKinley Monument, shown above, with a close-up of a statue of the 25th president at right bottom.
The event also included Civil War re-enactors, special shows in Discover World and an open hearth cooking demonstration in the Street of Shops. There were also special tours of the McKinley Gallery.
Located at 800 McKinley Monument Drive N.W., the site also features the Hoover-Price Planetarium. For more information, call 330-455-7043 or visit www.mckinleymuseum.org.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Entertainment News
- GroundWorks program reflects on transition, language
- Strong acting featured in Coach House play
- None Too Fragile stages ‘Skull in Connemara’
- Revere Reflections art contest state winners announced
- Sisters looking for new home
- Ivy searching for special home
- Area residents raise funds for Green memorial
Calendar of Events
- Family Fishing - 3/29/2017
- Art For the Animals - 3/29/2017
- Pilates - 3/29/2017
- Warbler Warm-Up - 3/29/2017
- Author Talk: Terry Pluto - 3/29/2017