McKinley Day marks president’s birth
The ceremony was held indoors due to the snowy weather that day. Staff Sgt. Jeffrey Holtz, of 338th U.S. Army Reserve, is shown at right top as he plays taps during the ceremony.
The historic site features the McKinley Monument, shown above, with a close-up of a statue of the 25th president at right bottom.
The event also included Civil War re-enactors, special shows in Discover World and an open hearth cooking demonstration in the Street of Shops. There were also special tours of the McKinley Gallery.
Located at 800 McKinley Monument Drive N.W., the site also features the Hoover-Price Planetarium. For more information, call 330-455-7043 or visit www.mckinleymuseum.org.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Entertainment News
- Collaboration key to UA, Neos Dance Theatre’s ‘Snow White’
- Summit Choral Society commemorating Kent’s May 4
- Shaw JCC of Akron launches construction of new aquatics facility
- Classic barbershop sounds at Derbytown Chorus show
- Area residents celebrate ‘Sing With Your Child Month’
- William Wetmore Chapter members attend state conference
- Efforts to preserve former camp get boost from agreement, open house
- Akron Host Lions partake in World Lunch Relay
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Summit Church offering Space Blast
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 4/23/2014
- Jeri Holland - 4/23/2014
- Blue Man Group - 4/23/2014
- Apollo’s Fire - 4/24/2014
- “Bye Bye Birdie” - 4/24/2014