McKinley Day marks presidentís birth
The ceremony was held indoors due to the snowy weather that day. Staff Sgt. Jeffrey Holtz, of 338th U.S. Army Reserve, is shown at right top as he plays taps during the ceremony.
The historic site features the McKinley Monument, shown above, with a close-up of a statue of the 25th president at right bottom.
The event also included Civil War re-enactors, special shows in Discover World and an open hearth cooking demonstration in the Street of Shops. There were also special tours of the McKinley Gallery.
Located at 800 McKinley Monument Drive N.W., the site also features the Hoover-Price Planetarium. For more information, call 330-455-7043 or visit www.mckinleymuseum.org.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Entertainment News
- Fresh Beat Bandís kid-friendly pop returns to Akron
- CMA featuring collection of surrealist, modernist photographs
- St. Sebastianís September Spectacular continues anniversary celebration
- Miller South student collects books for others
- DAR honors Laura Dunlop for veteransí assistance
- West Side Cause for Celebration
Calendar of Events
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- ďFamily HealthĒ Book Sale - 10/31/2014
- Beyond D.A.B.D.A.: Grief Counseling with Children and Adults - 10/31/2014
- The Midtown Men - 10/31/2014
- Creepy Crawlies - 10/31/2014