McKinley Day marks president’s birth
The ceremony was held indoors due to the snowy weather that day. Staff Sgt. Jeffrey Holtz, of 338th U.S. Army Reserve, is shown at right top as he plays taps during the ceremony.
The historic site features the McKinley Monument, shown above, with a close-up of a statue of the 25th president at right bottom.
The event also included Civil War re-enactors, special shows in Discover World and an open hearth cooking demonstration in the Street of Shops. There were also special tours of the McKinley Gallery.
Located at 800 McKinley Monument Drive N.W., the site also features the Hoover-Price Planetarium. For more information, call 330-455-7043 or visit www.mckinleymuseum.org.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
Photos: Lew Stamp
More Entertainment News
- Wolf Creek Players bring theater to Norton, beyond
- Winter survival stories — lessons from birds
- Nile Project coming to E.J. Thomas
- UA students, alumni create icy art
- Couples brave snow to marry on Valentine’s Day
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Women’s Endowment Fund to welcome Kathleen Kennedy Townsend
Calendar of Events
- The Nile and African Identity - 3/2/2015
- American Sewing Guild Fairlawn Group - 3/3/2015
- Civic Engagement and Managing Water Resources in Northeast Ohio and Globally - 3/3/2015
- The Nile Project: Interactive Performance & Capstone Concert - 3/3/2015
- Ohio and Erie Canal: A Timeline - 3/4/2015