Graf Growers presenting winter workshops
COPLEY — Graf Growers will present a series of winter gardening workshops for novices and experts alike on Saturday afternoons in February.
Workshops will take place from 1 to 2:30 p.m. at Graf Growers, 1015 White Pond Drive. Participants are welcome to bring containers or pots from home for each of the workshops, or Graf Growers will have a selection on hand from which to choose.
All workshops are free, and potting soil will be provided. Participants only pay for the plants and accessories they choose to use. All plants and items, excluding pots/containers, must be purchased at Graf Growers to participate.
Preregistration is preferred to prepare for the workshops; however, walk-ins are welcome. Children are welcome for each of the workshops. For more information or to register, visit www.grafgrowers.com or call 330-836-2727.
The following is a list of workshops:
- “New Winter Potting Workshop,” Feb. 1 and 15. Participants will create a winter flowering porch pot for their home in the wintertime. At this workshop, participants will plant and embellish a Hellebores porch pot that will stay pretty on a porch until it is time to plant pansies. Hellebores are cold tolerant perennials that will prolifically bloom and add interest to a home during the cold winter months, according to Graf Growers officials.
- “Terrarium Workshop,” Feb. 8. At this hands-on workshop, participants will design and plant a tiny garden of colorful plants under glass. Participants may bring a terrarium from home or purchase one at Graf Growers. Participants are encouraged to bring a vessel or vase that it larger than they think they want, because the smaller the terrarium, the harder it is to be creative, according to Graf Growers officials.
- “Fairy Garden Workshop,” Feb. 22. Participants will learn how to plant a miniature garden, including tiny benches and chairs and gazebos and patios, to welcome fairies into their homes.
More Entertainment News
- Collaboration key to UA, Neos Dance Theatre’s ‘Snow White’
- Summit Choral Society commemorating Kent’s May 4
- Shaw JCC of Akron launches construction of new aquatics facility
- Classic barbershop sounds at Derbytown Chorus show
- Area residents celebrate ‘Sing With Your Child Month’
- William Wetmore Chapter members attend state conference
- Efforts to preserve former camp get boost from agreement, open house
- Akron Host Lions partake in World Lunch Relay
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Summit Church offering Space Blast
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 4/23/2014
- Jeri Holland - 4/23/2014
- Blue Man Group - 4/23/2014
- Apollo’s Fire - 4/24/2014
- “Bye Bye Birdie” - 4/24/2014