Visiting artist comes to Sharon
|Photos courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
According to school officials, Sharon Elementary was awarded a two-part grant through the TeleTech Community Foundation. The grant allows for a visiting art and music professional to present separate educational programs to students at Sharon Elementary. A steel drum band was to bring a music lesson to the students Jan. 27.
Mahon taught the students how to create their own masks using a variety of shapes, colors and textures. She is shown at right top demonstrating what a finished mask can look like.
Shown at right bottom is fifth-grader Abbie Ellis working on her mask.
More Entertainment News
Calendar of Events
- Eastern Healing Therapies Workshop - 6/1/2016
- Gardening Through the Year - 6/1/2016
- “The Peanuts Movie” - 6/2/2016
- Small Footprint: Good Eats - 6/2/2016
- The Spirituality of Hope - 6/2/2016