Visiting artist comes to Sharon
|Photos courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
According to school officials, Sharon Elementary was awarded a two-part grant through the TeleTech Community Foundation. The grant allows for a visiting art and music professional to present separate educational programs to students at Sharon Elementary. A steel drum band was to bring a music lesson to the students Jan. 27.
Mahon taught the students how to create their own masks using a variety of shapes, colors and textures. She is shown at right top demonstrating what a finished mask can look like.
Shown at right bottom is fifth-grader Abbie Ellis working on her mask.
More Entertainment News
- Collaboration key to UA, Neos Dance Theatre’s ‘Snow White’
- Summit Choral Society commemorating Kent’s May 4
- Shaw JCC of Akron launches construction of new aquatics facility
- Classic barbershop sounds at Derbytown Chorus show
- Area residents celebrate ‘Sing With Your Child Month’
- William Wetmore Chapter members attend state conference
- Efforts to preserve former camp get boost from agreement, open house
- Akron Host Lions partake in World Lunch Relay
- West Side Cause for Celebration
Calendar of Events
- Helen Welch - 4/17/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 4/17/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 4/17/2014
- Terrarium Workshop - 4/19/2014
- Hop, Hop, Hop! - 4/19/2014