Visiting artist comes to Sharon
|Photos courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
According to school officials, Sharon Elementary was awarded a two-part grant through the TeleTech Community Foundation. The grant allows for a visiting art and music professional to present separate educational programs to students at Sharon Elementary. A steel drum band was to bring a music lesson to the students Jan. 27.
Mahon taught the students how to create their own masks using a variety of shapes, colors and textures. She is shown at right top demonstrating what a finished mask can look like.
Shown at right bottom is fifth-grader Abbie Ellis working on her mask.
More Entertainment News
Calendar of Events
- Irene Tobias Rodriguez - 8/31/2015
- Show and Tell Me a Story: ages 1-3 - 9/1/2015
- Metro Parks Ensemble - 9/1/2015
- American Sewing Guild Fairlawn Group - 9/1/2015
- Monarch Butterfly Tagging - 9/2/2015