Visiting artist comes to Sharon
|Photos courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
According to school officials, Sharon Elementary was awarded a two-part grant through the TeleTech Community Foundation. The grant allows for a visiting art and music professional to present separate educational programs to students at Sharon Elementary. A steel drum band was to bring a music lesson to the students Jan. 27.
Mahon taught the students how to create their own masks using a variety of shapes, colors and textures. She is shown at right top demonstrating what a finished mask can look like.
Shown at right bottom is fifth-grader Abbie Ellis working on her mask.
More Entertainment News
- GroundWorks program reflects on transition, language
- Strong acting featured in Coach House play
- None Too Fragile stages ‘Skull in Connemara’
- Revere Reflections art contest state winners announced
- Sisters looking for new home
- Ivy searching for special home
- Area residents raise funds for Green memorial
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 3/25/2017
- Akron Crossword Puzzle Tournament - 3/25/2017
- Eliot Lewis - 3/25/2017
- Hop Into Spring - 3/25/2017
- “A Skull in Connemara” - 3/25/2017