Visiting artist comes to Sharon
|Photos courtesy of Highland Local Schools|
According to school officials, Sharon Elementary was awarded a two-part grant through the TeleTech Community Foundation. The grant allows for a visiting art and music professional to present separate educational programs to students at Sharon Elementary. A steel drum band was to bring a music lesson to the students Jan. 27.
Mahon taught the students how to create their own masks using a variety of shapes, colors and textures. She is shown at right top demonstrating what a finished mask can look like.
Shown at right bottom is fifth-grader Abbie Ellis working on her mask.
More Entertainment News
Calendar of Events
- Empty River Revue - 4/27/2015
- Through the Eyes of the Artist - 4/27/2015
- University of Akron Symphonic Band with Philip Thomson - 4/27/2015
- “God of Carnage” - 4/27/2015
- Fair Housing Workshop - 4/27/2015