Akron celebrates St. Patrick’s Day with parade
|Photos: Dale Dong|
Among the spectators this year was Ali Reed, 3, who is shown at right as she waits to see her father, a member of the Akron Police Department, in the parade.
The St. Vincent-St. Mary High School Marching Band, led by director Brian Campbell, is pictured above as they pass the Akron Civic Theatre.
This year’s parade featured the theme “Salute” in honor of the nation’s men and women in uniform, according to parade officials. Following the parade, events took place at the Hibernian Club on Brown Street.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Entertainment News
- No errors, just comedy in Ohio Shakespeare Festival’s show
- Importance of Earth Day should not be forgotten
- Fashion in the Falls to showcase spring trends
- Autism Society of Greater Akron presents Caring Bunny event
- Bath Community Garage Sale set for June 10
- Young women presented at Sweetheart Ball
- Akron Chapter of Jack and Jill celebrates Founders’ Day
- Local Sons of Italy marks milestone
Calendar of Events
- Yoga and Mimosa; Yoga and Wine - 4/24/2017
- The Art of Journaling; Men Facing Grief Support Group - 4/24/2017
- Fiction Book Club: “Truly Madly Guilty” - 4/25/2017
- Yoga for Homeschoolers: ages 8-12 - 4/25/2017
- PiYo with Morgan Webb - 4/25/2017