Akron celebrates St. Patrick’s Day with parade
|Photos: Dale Dong|
Among the spectators this year was Ali Reed, 3, who is shown at right as she waits to see her father, a member of the Akron Police Department, in the parade.
The St. Vincent-St. Mary High School Marching Band, led by director Brian Campbell, is pictured above as they pass the Akron Civic Theatre.
This year’s parade featured the theme “Salute” in honor of the nation’s men and women in uniform, according to parade officials. Following the parade, events took place at the Hibernian Club on Brown Street.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Entertainment News
- Fresh Beat Band’s kid-friendly pop returns to Akron
- CMA featuring collection of surrealist, modernist photographs
- St. Sebastian’s September Spectacular continues anniversary celebration
- Miller South student collects books for others
- DAR honors Laura Dunlop for veterans’ assistance
- West Side Cause for Celebration
Calendar of Events
- Robert Gruca - 10/30/2014
- Family Halloween Party - 10/30/2014
- “Toy Story of Terror” and “Hocus Pocus" - 10/30/2014
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- “Family Health” Book Sale - 10/31/2014