Akron celebrates St. Patrick’s Day with parade
|Photos: Dale Dong|
Among the spectators this year was Ali Reed, 3, who is shown at right as she waits to see her father, a member of the Akron Police Department, in the parade.
The St. Vincent-St. Mary High School Marching Band, led by director Brian Campbell, is pictured above as they pass the Akron Civic Theatre.
This year’s parade featured the theme “Salute” in honor of the nation’s men and women in uniform, according to parade officials. Following the parade, events took place at the Hibernian Club on Brown Street.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Entertainment News
- Coach House staging hit in ‘Lend Me a Tenor’
- Mothersbaugh exhibit a lighthearted display of artist’s world view
- Zenith Awards, golf tournament mark Travel & Tourism Week
- Public invited to take part in BioBlitz
- Medina County historical sites on tour
- Gallery hosts exhibit of APS student art
- Celebrate national parks’ centennial at CVNP
Calendar of Events
- Paws for Reading with Therapy Dogs Pepper and Rocky - 5/26/2016
- Metro Parks Family Tree: Seiberling Family - 5/26/2016
- “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay” - 5/26/2016
- Adult Ballet: Beginners class - 5/26/2016
- Play: Theatre Games with Wandering Aesthetics: ages 5-9 - 5/27/2016