Akron celebrates St. Patrick’s Day with parade
|Photos: Dale Dong|
Among the spectators this year was Ali Reed, 3, who is shown at right as she waits to see her father, a member of the Akron Police Department, in the parade.
The St. Vincent-St. Mary High School Marching Band, led by director Brian Campbell, is pictured above as they pass the Akron Civic Theatre.
This year’s parade featured the theme “Salute” in honor of the nation’s men and women in uniform, according to parade officials. Following the parade, events took place at the Hibernian Club on Brown Street.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Entertainment News
- Holiday comedy on stage at Weathervane Playhouse
- Scrooge comes to life in Magical Theatre’s ‘Christmas Carol’
- Summit County Historical Society names curator
- Falls bicentennial book earns honors
- Copley Royalty Court thanks Copley firefighters
- Children’s author visits St. Hilary School
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Norton Historical Society celebrates Christmas past
Calendar of Events
- Akron Symphony Holiday Pops - 12/18/2014
- Yoga in the Park - 12/18/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 12/18/2014
- “Annie” - 12/18/2014
- Highland Book Club: “All Creatures Great and Small” by James Herriot - 12/18/2014