Akron celebrates St. Patrick’s Day with parade
|Photos: Dale Dong|
Among the spectators this year was Ali Reed, 3, who is shown at right as she waits to see her father, a member of the Akron Police Department, in the parade.
The St. Vincent-St. Mary High School Marching Band, led by director Brian Campbell, is pictured above as they pass the Akron Civic Theatre.
This year’s parade featured the theme “Salute” in honor of the nation’s men and women in uniform, according to parade officials. Following the parade, events took place at the Hibernian Club on Brown Street.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Entertainment News
- Wolf Creek Players bring theater to Norton, beyond
- Winter survival stories — lessons from birds
- Nile Project coming to E.J. Thomas
- UA students, alumni create icy art
- Couples brave snow to marry on Valentine’s Day
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Women’s Endowment Fund to welcome Kathleen Kennedy Townsend
Calendar of Events
- Animal Tales - 2/27/2015
- From the Vault: 40 Years of Excellence - 2/27/2015
- Edwin Scholes: Birds of Paradise - 2/27/2015
- A New Adventure - 2/28/2015
- Mums the Word - 2/28/2015