Norton students excel at events
|Photo courtesy of Cheri Runninger|
According to officials from the Norton Music Boosters, the Drama Club presented a production of “Ladies Sigh No More.”
The bands and choir competed at Barberton High School March 7 for the Ohio Music Education Association large group assessment. The choir moved up to a more challenging Class B this year, earning the top rating of superior. The Concert Band performed in Class C and earned a superior rating overall. The Wind Ensemble performed in Class A and earned the top marks in every possible category for a superior rating, according to Norton Music Boosters officials.
On March 8, the Winter Percussion Ensemble competed in a WGI Regional contest in Dayton. After preliminaries, Norton tied for fifth place and qualified for finals. On March 9, Norton’s final performance earned first place in Class Scholastic A and a regional gold medal.
Shown above is the indoor Percussion Ensemble performing.
More Entertainment News
- Magical Theatre unveils restoration
- Six decked-out homes on Sugar Plum Tour
- Gifts, inspiration found at Crafty Mart
- Falls native receives award from White House
- Coach House staging entertaining ‘Blithe Spirit’
- Decorated trees, holiday displays needed for Christmas in the Park
- CVNP’s winter Schedule of Events available
Calendar of Events
- Peter White Christmas Show with Mindi Abair and Rick Braun - 11/29/2015
- Nature Drawing for Kids: ages 6-12 - 11/29/2015
- Front Yard Birding - 11/29/2015
- Cookbook Book Club: Chestnuts - 11/30/2015
- Baby Time - 11/30/2015