Norton students excel at events
|Photo courtesy of Cheri Runninger|
According to officials from the Norton Music Boosters, the Drama Club presented a production of “Ladies Sigh No More.”
The bands and choir competed at Barberton High School March 7 for the Ohio Music Education Association large group assessment. The choir moved up to a more challenging Class B this year, earning the top rating of superior. The Concert Band performed in Class C and earned a superior rating overall. The Wind Ensemble performed in Class A and earned the top marks in every possible category for a superior rating, according to Norton Music Boosters officials.
On March 8, the Winter Percussion Ensemble competed in a WGI Regional contest in Dayton. After preliminaries, Norton tied for fifth place and qualified for finals. On March 9, Norton’s final performance earned first place in Class Scholastic A and a regional gold medal.
Shown above is the indoor Percussion Ensemble performing.
More Entertainment News
- Porthouse opens season with ‘Sister Act’
- BioBlitz shines light on CVNP’s diversity
- Knight Center, Metro Parks presenting nature display
- STEM Middle School student wins design challenge
- Mardis, Meilinger wed in Cincinnati
- DAP announces changes to Akron Art Prize
- Area celebrations mark Independence Day
- DAR recognizes City of Green
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 6/25/2016
- Buckeye Martinfest - 6/25/2016
- Downton Bath 1900-1950 - 6/25/2016
- Jackson Browne - 6/25/2016
- Tony! Toni! Toné! with Rumpelstiltskin - 6/25/2016