Norton students excel at events
|Photo courtesy of Cheri Runninger|
According to officials from the Norton Music Boosters, the Drama Club presented a production of “Ladies Sigh No More.”
The bands and choir competed at Barberton High School March 7 for the Ohio Music Education Association large group assessment. The choir moved up to a more challenging Class B this year, earning the top rating of superior. The Concert Band performed in Class C and earned a superior rating overall. The Wind Ensemble performed in Class A and earned the top marks in every possible category for a superior rating, according to Norton Music Boosters officials.
On March 8, the Winter Percussion Ensemble competed in a WGI Regional contest in Dayton. After preliminaries, Norton tied for fifth place and qualified for finals. On March 9, Norton’s final performance earned first place in Class Scholastic A and a regional gold medal.
Shown above is the indoor Percussion Ensemble performing.
More Entertainment News
- Coach House staging hit in ‘Lend Me a Tenor’
- Mothersbaugh exhibit a lighthearted display of artist’s world view
- Zenith Awards, golf tournament mark Travel & Tourism Week
- Public invited to take part in BioBlitz
- Medina County historical sites on tour
- Gallery hosts exhibit of APS student art
- Celebrate national parks’ centennial at CVNP
Calendar of Events
- Meet Me in the Garden: Succulent Wreath - 5/25/2016
- A Night at the Museum: Real Women. Real Talk - 5/25/2016
- Summer Volunteer Orientation: ages 11-18 - 5/25/2016
- Paws for Reading with Therapy Dogs Pepper and Rocky - 5/26/2016
- Metro Parks Family Tree: Seiberling Family - 5/26/2016