Norton students excel at events
|Photo courtesy of Cheri Runninger|
According to officials from the Norton Music Boosters, the Drama Club presented a production of “Ladies Sigh No More.”
The bands and choir competed at Barberton High School March 7 for the Ohio Music Education Association large group assessment. The choir moved up to a more challenging Class B this year, earning the top rating of superior. The Concert Band performed in Class C and earned a superior rating overall. The Wind Ensemble performed in Class A and earned the top marks in every possible category for a superior rating, according to Norton Music Boosters officials.
On March 8, the Winter Percussion Ensemble competed in a WGI Regional contest in Dayton. After preliminaries, Norton tied for fifth place and qualified for finals. On March 9, Norton’s final performance earned first place in Class Scholastic A and a regional gold medal.
Shown above is the indoor Percussion Ensemble performing.
More Entertainment News
- Square Fest street festival returns to Highland Square
- Streepís character sight for sore ears in ĎFlorence Foster Jenkinsí
- Alzheimerís Association kicks off walk at airship base
- Akron Chapter of Jack and Jill of America members attend teen conference
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Sun shines on art-A-palooza
Calendar of Events
- Kinderealm: Bees: for ages 3-6 - 8/27/2016
- Yoga - 8/27/2016
- Jazz Under the Stars: Mojo: The Generationís Big Band - 8/27/2016
- Barbara Knight Trio; Artwerk - 8/27/2016
- Catherine Gray Jackson Tribute Exhibition - 8/27/2016