Norton students excel at events
|Photo courtesy of Cheri Runninger|
According to officials from the Norton Music Boosters, the Drama Club presented a production of “Ladies Sigh No More.”
The bands and choir competed at Barberton High School March 7 for the Ohio Music Education Association large group assessment. The choir moved up to a more challenging Class B this year, earning the top rating of superior. The Concert Band performed in Class C and earned a superior rating overall. The Wind Ensemble performed in Class A and earned the top marks in every possible category for a superior rating, according to Norton Music Boosters officials.
On March 8, the Winter Percussion Ensemble competed in a WGI Regional contest in Dayton. After preliminaries, Norton tied for fifth place and qualified for finals. On March 9, Norton’s final performance earned first place in Class Scholastic A and a regional gold medal.
Shown above is the indoor Percussion Ensemble performing.
More Entertainment News
- Porch Rokr returns to Highland Square
- ASO opens season celebrating national anthem
- WRP closes season with ‘Deadly Murder’
- Akron Zoo announces death of sloth bear
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Akron students create mural in Coventry
- Library celebrates milestones with party
- Scouts honor first responders
- South Side Cause for Celebration
Calendar of Events
- Star Spangled Banner, 1812 Flag and National Anthem with Sharon Myers - 9/23/2014
- Avian Photography with Dan Behm - 9/24/2014
- A New Adventure - 9/24/2014
- Cookin’ with Miss Keni: grades 1-5 - 9/24/2014
- Getting Started with Medicare - 9/25/2014