Hope Walk helps raise funds for free cancer support
|Photo courtesy of Stewart’s Caring Place: Cancer Wellness Center|
The Hope Walk is a 2.3-mile walk starting and ending at the Fairlawn-Kiwanis Community Center in Bicentennial Park, 3486 S. Smith Road. Registration will begin at 8 a.m., with the walk starting at 9:15 a.m. Interested walkers can register online at www.StewartsCaringPlace.org for $15 or on walk day for $20.
“I have yet to meet someone whose life has not been touched in some way by cancer,” said Elizabeth Banasiak, SCP Hope Walk Chair. “The Hope Walk is a fundraiser and celebration that rallies in support of the courageous people battling this disease. Cancer is a family disease, and the Hope Walk brings togetherness, support and love. It’s truly inspiring.
“All money raised from the Hope Walk helps Stewart’s Caring Place to continue offering free services to cancer patients and their families, before, during and after treatment,” she added. “The need for these services grows every day. This event helps us to make sure there is a place to turn.”
Dr. Terry Gordon is the honorary chair this year and will share his cancer journey. Sue Wilson and Tim Daugherty, from Rubber City Radio Group, will emcee the event. Music, face-painting and other family activities will be available.
Premier sponsors for the event include A. Schulman Inc., Cleveland Indians, Mirman Construction and Primerica: Meinen and Associates.
For additional information, contact Banasiak at 330-836-1772 or Elizabeth@StewartsCaringPlace.org.
More Entertainment News
- Porthouse opens season with ‘Sister Act’
- BioBlitz shines light on CVNP’s diversity
- Knight Center, Metro Parks presenting nature display
- STEM Middle School student wins design challenge
- Mardis, Meilinger wed in Cincinnati
- DAP announces changes to Akron Art Prize
- Area celebrations mark Independence Day
- DAR recognizes City of Green
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 6/25/2016
- Buckeye Martinfest - 6/25/2016
- Downton Bath 1900-1950 - 6/25/2016
- Jackson Browne - 6/25/2016
- Tony! Toni! Toné! with Rumpelstiltskin - 6/25/2016