Akron Host Lions partake in World Lunch Relay
|Photo courtesy of Akron Host Lions Club|
According to event officials, the Lions World Lunch Relay offered an opportunity for residents to learn more about the Akron Host Lions Club, its work and opportunities to get involved. The World Lunch Relay took place all over the world, according to event officials.
Approximately 100 pounds of nonperishable food items were donated during the event, and the food will be donated to a pantry in Akron serving the economically disadvantaged blind community, according to event officials.
Shown above, from left, at the event are Kirk Olmstead, Doug Kelly, Ker Doh, James Stein, Sam Moats, Tom Lundberg and Dave Culbertson.
To learn more about the Akron Host Lions Club or its service projects, contact Mike Simpkins at 330-434-7133 or visit www.akronlions.org. The Akron Host Lions Club meets on the second Thursday of the month at noon at The First Congregational Church of Akron, 292 E. Market St.
More Entertainment News
- Porthouse opens season with ‘Sister Act’
- BioBlitz shines light on CVNP’s diversity
- Knight Center, Metro Parks presenting nature display
- STEM Middle School student wins design challenge
- Mardis, Meilinger wed in Cincinnati
- DAP announces changes to Akron Art Prize
- Area celebrations mark Independence Day
- DAR recognizes City of Green
Calendar of Events
- Summer Basketball Skills Camp - 6/27/2016
- Cuyahoga Falls Community Band - 6/27/2016
- Acid Cats - 6/27/2016
- Widowed Men’s Group - 6/27/2016
- Yoga and Mimosa; Yoga and Wine - 6/27/2016