Barberton Area Jaycees plan Cherry Blossom Festival
BARBERTON — The Barberton Area Jaycees will present the 58th Annual Cherry Blossom Festival May 16-18, at Lake Anna Park.
The festival will feature Kissel Bros Shows, carnival rides, games, food and exhibits, along with free entertainment and children’s events. This year will have a western theme.
Families are invited to enjoy the cherry pie eating contests, sand castle building, fishing derby, penny search, bounce house, 4-H petting zoo, K-9 demonstration and pony rides. Before the festival, the Cherry Blossom Beauty Pageant will take place April 26.
On the Visitors Center stage located above Lake Anna, local singers will perform on Friday and Saturday nights, along with Barberton Idol Contest Saturday at 4:30 p.m. The traditional Cherry Blossom Parade will kick off at 10 a.m. May 17. The Parade Award and High School Scholarship presentation will take place at Lake Anna Park at noon.
Free cherry blossom bumper stickers are available at the Barberton Public Library. If the Jaycees spot your vehicle, you will win a prize. Other souvenirs are available for sale, including a cherry blossom shirt, drawstring backpack or drink cup.
Participants are invited to enter the parade, sell their products, compete in the pageant, promote their nonprofit group or volunteer to help clean up. Visit the website www.BarbertonCherryBlossom.com for complete festival details and a schedule of events.
More Entertainment News
- Coach House staging hit in ‘Lend Me a Tenor’
- Mothersbaugh exhibit a lighthearted display of artist’s world view
- Zenith Awards, golf tournament mark Travel & Tourism Week
- Public invited to take part in BioBlitz
- Medina County historical sites on tour
- Gallery hosts exhibit of APS student art
- Celebrate national parks’ centennial at CVNP
Calendar of Events
- Adult Ceramics - 5/24/2016
- Akron History: Glendale Cemetery - 5/24/2016
- Cardio Hike - 5/24/2016
- Meet Me in the Garden: Succulent Wreath - 5/25/2016
- A Night at the Museum: Real Women. Real Talk - 5/25/2016