Barberton Area Jaycees plan Cherry Blossom Festival
BARBERTON — The Barberton Area Jaycees will present the 58th Annual Cherry Blossom Festival May 16-18, at Lake Anna Park.
The festival will feature Kissel Bros Shows, carnival rides, games, food and exhibits, along with free entertainment and children’s events. This year will have a western theme.
Families are invited to enjoy the cherry pie eating contests, sand castle building, fishing derby, penny search, bounce house, 4-H petting zoo, K-9 demonstration and pony rides. Before the festival, the Cherry Blossom Beauty Pageant will take place April 26.
On the Visitors Center stage located above Lake Anna, local singers will perform on Friday and Saturday nights, along with Barberton Idol Contest Saturday at 4:30 p.m. The traditional Cherry Blossom Parade will kick off at 10 a.m. May 17. The Parade Award and High School Scholarship presentation will take place at Lake Anna Park at noon.
Free cherry blossom bumper stickers are available at the Barberton Public Library. If the Jaycees spot your vehicle, you will win a prize. Other souvenirs are available for sale, including a cherry blossom shirt, drawstring backpack or drink cup.
Participants are invited to enter the parade, sell their products, compete in the pageant, promote their nonprofit group or volunteer to help clean up. Visit the website www.BarbertonCherryBlossom.com for complete festival details and a schedule of events.
More Entertainment News
- Fresh Beat Bandís kid-friendly pop returns to Akron
- CMA featuring collection of surrealist, modernist photographs
- St. Sebastianís September Spectacular continues anniversary celebration
- Miller South student collects books for others
- DAR honors Laura Dunlop for veteransí assistance
- West Side Cause for Celebration
Calendar of Events
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- ďFamily HealthĒ Book Sale - 10/31/2014
- Beyond D.A.B.D.A.: Grief Counseling with Children and Adults - 10/31/2014
- The Midtown Men - 10/31/2014
- Creepy Crawlies - 10/31/2014