West Side Cause for Celebration
Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
BATH — The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) Man and Woman of the Year campaign is a national 10-week campaign to raise funds to help find cures for blood cancer. The campaign includes individuals in the community who agree to utilize their leadership abilities and resources to conduct their own fundraising campaigns to help the LLS fund blood cancer research and provide education and support services for patients and their families. The male and female candidates who raise the most funds during the campaign will be awarded the title of Cleveland Man and Woman of the Year. Every dollar raised counts as one vote. The candidates will run in honor of the Boy and Girl of the Year, who are local blood cancer patients, survivors and sources of inspiration to others, according to LLS officials. The campaign will culminate June 6 at the Grand Finale. Local candidate Cheryl Levanduski is presenting these two upcoming local events:
- Blood Drop Sales through June 4 at Colonial Pharmacy, 1915 N. Cleveland-Massillon Road; and
- Coquette “Cherolyn” Mother’s Day Shopping Event Featuring Tamra Designs Custom Made Jewelry, May 6, noon to 7 p.m., Coquette Boutique, 3526 Granger Road. Twenty percent of all purchases will be donated to LLS. Cocktails and light hors d’oeuvres will be provided. For details, call 330-666-2369 or contact Janine at email@example.com.
According to Levanduski, her uncle, John Toth, was diagnosed in November 2012 with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, a blood related cancer and died 11 months later. Levanduski was nominated for the campaign by Mary Kay Chlebina.
More Entertainment News
Calendar of Events
- Kindness Matters! - 9/17/2014
- Writers Live Author Luncheon featuring Wanda Brunstetter - 9/17/2014
- New Faculty Recital - 9/17/2014
- Highland Book Club: “Wonder” by R.J. Palacio - 9/18/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 9/18/2014