Clifford visits guests at Family Expo
|Photo courtesy of Summit County Children Services|
Shown at right is Clifford the Big Red Dog greeting visitors at the event.
The Family Expo was one of the many family-oriented and educational events that were part of the 27th Annual Child & Family Awareness Month Celebrations in April. According to expo officials, the event was coordinated by Summit County Children Services and sponsored this year by Summit County Juvenile Court; Ohio Guidestone; Summit County Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services Board; Summit County Developmental Disabilities Board; Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.; Northeast Ohio Parent Magazine; and the Ohio Children’s Trust Fund.
The expo offered family entertainment and information from almost 50 participating agencies, according to expo officials. “A Family Is a Tool That Can Fix Everything” was the theme for this year’s month-long activities planned by more than 150 local agencies, organizations, places of worship, businesses and individuals dedicated to building a solid foundation of community support for children and families and helping raise awareness of child abuse prevention, according to expo officials.
More Entertainment News
- Porthouse opens season with ‘Sister Act’
- BioBlitz shines light on CVNP’s diversity
- Knight Center, Metro Parks presenting nature display
- STEM Middle School student wins design challenge
- Mardis, Meilinger wed in Cincinnati
- DAP announces changes to Akron Art Prize
- Area celebrations mark Independence Day
- DAR recognizes City of Green
Calendar of Events
- Rock-a-Bye Tales - 6/28/2016
- Kathy Johnson Trio - 6/29/2016
- The Big 5 Show - 6/29/2016
- Reading to the Rescues: ages 4 and older - 6/29/2016
- Heart to Heart Kids’ Time Camp - 6/29/2016