Clifford visits guests at Family Expo
|Photo courtesy of Summit County Children Services|
Shown at right is Clifford the Big Red Dog greeting visitors at the event.
The Family Expo was one of the many family-oriented and educational events that were part of the 27th Annual Child & Family Awareness Month Celebrations in April. According to expo officials, the event was coordinated by Summit County Children Services and sponsored this year by Summit County Juvenile Court; Ohio Guidestone; Summit County Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services Board; Summit County Developmental Disabilities Board; Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.; Northeast Ohio Parent Magazine; and the Ohio Children’s Trust Fund.
The expo offered family entertainment and information from almost 50 participating agencies, according to expo officials. “A Family Is a Tool That Can Fix Everything” was the theme for this year’s month-long activities planned by more than 150 local agencies, organizations, places of worship, businesses and individuals dedicated to building a solid foundation of community support for children and families and helping raise awareness of child abuse prevention, according to expo officials.
More Entertainment News
- Square Fest street festival returns to Highland Square
- Streep’s character sight for sore ears in ‘Florence Foster Jenkins’
- Alzheimer’s Association kicks off walk at airship base
- Akron Chapter of Jack and Jill of America members attend teen conference
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Sun shines on art-A-palooza
Calendar of Events
- Genealogy 101: Beyond Ancestry.com - 8/31/2016
- Lock Bottom Blues and Jazz Club: Skip Gibson and Finesse - 8/31/2016
- Downtown @ Dusk: Angie Haze - 9/1/2016
- “Hangover Square” - 9/1/2016
- Quarry Hike - 9/1/2016