Clifford visits guests at Family Expo
|Photo courtesy of Summit County Children Services|
Shown at right is Clifford the Big Red Dog greeting visitors at the event.
The Family Expo was one of the many family-oriented and educational events that were part of the 27th Annual Child & Family Awareness Month Celebrations in April. According to expo officials, the event was coordinated by Summit County Children Services and sponsored this year by Summit County Juvenile Court; Ohio Guidestone; Summit County Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services Board; Summit County Developmental Disabilities Board; Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.; Northeast Ohio Parent Magazine; and the Ohio Children’s Trust Fund.
The expo offered family entertainment and information from almost 50 participating agencies, according to expo officials. “A Family Is a Tool That Can Fix Everything” was the theme for this year’s month-long activities planned by more than 150 local agencies, organizations, places of worship, businesses and individuals dedicated to building a solid foundation of community support for children and families and helping raise awareness of child abuse prevention, according to expo officials.
More Entertainment News
- Wolf Creek Players bring theater to Norton, beyond
- Winter survival stories — lessons from birds
- Nile Project coming to E.J. Thomas
- UA students, alumni create icy art
- Couples brave snow to marry on Valentine’s Day
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Women’s Endowment Fund to welcome Kathleen Kennedy Townsend
Calendar of Events
- American Sewing Guild Fairlawn Group - 3/3/2015
- Civic Engagement and Managing Water Resources in Northeast Ohio and Globally - 3/3/2015
- The Nile Project: Interactive Performance & Capstone Concert - 3/3/2015
- Ohio and Erie Canal: A Timeline - 3/4/2015
- Alan Greene and T.C. Odegard - 3/4/2015