Clifford visits guests at Family Expo
|Photo courtesy of Summit County Children Services|
Shown at right is Clifford the Big Red Dog greeting visitors at the event.
The Family Expo was one of the many family-oriented and educational events that were part of the 27th Annual Child & Family Awareness Month Celebrations in April. According to expo officials, the event was coordinated by Summit County Children Services and sponsored this year by Summit County Juvenile Court; Ohio Guidestone; Summit County Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services Board; Summit County Developmental Disabilities Board; Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.; Northeast Ohio Parent Magazine; and the Ohio Children’s Trust Fund.
The expo offered family entertainment and information from almost 50 participating agencies, according to expo officials. “A Family Is a Tool That Can Fix Everything” was the theme for this year’s month-long activities planned by more than 150 local agencies, organizations, places of worship, businesses and individuals dedicated to building a solid foundation of community support for children and families and helping raise awareness of child abuse prevention, according to expo officials.
More Entertainment News
- Fresh Beat Band’s kid-friendly pop returns to Akron
- CMA featuring collection of surrealist, modernist photographs
- St. Sebastian’s September Spectacular continues anniversary celebration
- Miller South student collects books for others
- DAR honors Laura Dunlop for veterans’ assistance
- West Side Cause for Celebration
Calendar of Events
- Robert Gruca - 10/30/2014
- Family Halloween Party - 10/30/2014
- “Toy Story of Terror” and “Hocus Pocus" - 10/30/2014
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- “Family Health” Book Sale - 10/31/2014