Area residents take part in World Tai Chi and Qigong Day
|Photo courtesy of Cindy Berry|
The free community wellness event took place on the grounds of the National Inventors Hall of Fame® Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics High School. Shown above are participants.
Sponsored by NG Energy, the event featured demonstrations, audience participation and a special segment for children, all led by NG Energy’s Nancy Gardner, a certified Tai Chi and Qigong instructor, according to event officials. The program was supported by The University of Akron and the City of Akron, and tied in with events that were held in all 50 U.S. states and in cities of more than 80 nations that day, according to event officials.
More Entertainment News
Calendar of Events
- Balsamic Vinegar of Modena: A Fruity Tasting Experience - 1/29/2015
- Akron Metro Parks Hiking Club hikes - 1/29/2015
- Baby Time: for ages 6-24 months - 1/29/2015
- Adults Beginning Drawing - 1/29/2015
- Ballroom Dance Lessons - 1/29/2015