CVNP seeking volunteers for Day of Service
BRECKSVILLE — Volunteers can celebrate National Trails Day tomorrow, June 7, with a Day of Service for trails in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park (CVNP).
Volunteers can choose from four projects to preserve, maintain and enhance CVNP trails, according to CVNP officials. Projects include repairing Langes Run or Valley trails from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., doing maintenance on Ledges and Pine Grove trails from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., restoring native habitat along Langes Run from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and flood litter cleanup in the Stumpy Basin area of the Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Children ages 10 and older with parent or guardian supervision are welcome at all projects. Children ages 7 and older can assist with the habitat restoration project, said CVNP officials.
Volunteers will be treated to a cookout and trail equipment demonstrations following the projects and will be offered the opportunity to camp overnight for free, according to CVNP officials. Exact location of the projects and details of the cookout and camping option are available after registering, according to park officials.
Projects will take place rain or shine, with the exception of thunderstorms and lightning. Volunteers should wear comfortable work clothes, including long pants and sturdy, closed-toe shoes or boots. Tools, instructions and snacks from Earth Fare will be provided, said CVNP officials.
To register for the Day of Service, visit www.nps.gov/cuva and go to “Volunteer” or contact the CVNP volunteer office at 330-657-2299.
Pam Lifke contributed to this report.
More Entertainment News
- GroundWorks program reflects on transition, language
- Strong acting featured in Coach House play
- None Too Fragile stages ‘Skull in Connemara’
- Revere Reflections art contest state winners announced
- Sisters looking for new home
- Ivy searching for special home
- Area residents raise funds for Green memorial
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 3/25/2017
- Akron Crossword Puzzle Tournament - 3/25/2017
- Eliot Lewis - 3/25/2017
- Hop Into Spring - 3/25/2017
- “A Skull in Connemara” - 3/25/2017