Tour of Gardens coming June 21
|“An English Corner Garden” is one of the stops on this year’s tour.|
|Photo courtesy of Master Gardeners of Summit County|
Themed gardens, open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., include “An English Corner Garden,” “A Dramatic Rock Garden,” “A Century Garden,” “A Woodland Garden,” “A Farm Garden,” “A Sculpted Garden” and “A Garden for Entertaining.”
Tour-goers also will have access to the Posie Shoppe, where they can purchase a variety of plants, as well as a special “Secret Garden.” Tour proceeds will benefit the Master Gardeners of Summit County’s Tour of Gardens Partners Grants, which support educational horticulture programs.
Patron tickets for breakfast in the “Secret Garden” are available online or by calling the Patron Breakfast Registrar at 330-854-5409. Patron tickets are priced at three levels of support: Bronze, $60; Silver, $80; and Gold, $100.
Online registration for both the Secret Garden Patron Breakfast/Tour and the General Tour is available at www.summitmastergardeners.org.
General admission tour tickets also are available for $20 at the following garden centers: Dayton Nursery and Garden Center, 3459 S. Cleveland-Massillon Road in Norton; Donzell’s Flower and Garden Center, 937 E. Waterloo Road in Akron; Graf Growers Garden Center, 1015 White Pond Drive in Copley; and Suncrest Gardens, 5157 Akron-Cleveland Road in Boston.
For general tour information, call 234-525-8278.
More Entertainment News
- Porthouse opens season with ‘Sister Act’
- BioBlitz shines light on CVNP’s diversity
- Knight Center, Metro Parks presenting nature display
- STEM Middle School student wins design challenge
- Mardis, Meilinger wed in Cincinnati
- DAP announces changes to Akron Art Prize
- Area celebrations mark Independence Day
- DAR recognizes City of Green
Calendar of Events
- TimberNook Camp Sneak Peek - 6/26/2016
- Cat Show - 6/26/2016
- Belairs - 6/26/2016
- “A Star for Freedom” - 6/26/2016
- Summer Basketball Skills Camp - 6/27/2016