Tour of Gardens coming June 21
|“An English Corner Garden” is one of the stops on this year’s tour.|
|Photo courtesy of Master Gardeners of Summit County|
Themed gardens, open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., include “An English Corner Garden,” “A Dramatic Rock Garden,” “A Century Garden,” “A Woodland Garden,” “A Farm Garden,” “A Sculpted Garden” and “A Garden for Entertaining.”
Tour-goers also will have access to the Posie Shoppe, where they can purchase a variety of plants, as well as a special “Secret Garden.” Tour proceeds will benefit the Master Gardeners of Summit County’s Tour of Gardens Partners Grants, which support educational horticulture programs.
Patron tickets for breakfast in the “Secret Garden” are available online or by calling the Patron Breakfast Registrar at 330-854-5409. Patron tickets are priced at three levels of support: Bronze, $60; Silver, $80; and Gold, $100.
Online registration for both the Secret Garden Patron Breakfast/Tour and the General Tour is available at www.summitmastergardeners.org.
General admission tour tickets also are available for $20 at the following garden centers: Dayton Nursery and Garden Center, 3459 S. Cleveland-Massillon Road in Norton; Donzell’s Flower and Garden Center, 937 E. Waterloo Road in Akron; Graf Growers Garden Center, 1015 White Pond Drive in Copley; and Suncrest Gardens, 5157 Akron-Cleveland Road in Boston.
For general tour information, call 234-525-8278.
More Entertainment News
- Fresh Beat Band’s kid-friendly pop returns to Akron
- CMA featuring collection of surrealist, modernist photographs
- St. Sebastian’s September Spectacular continues anniversary celebration
- Miller South student collects books for others
- DAR honors Laura Dunlop for veterans’ assistance
- West Side Cause for Celebration
Calendar of Events
- Robert Gruca - 10/30/2014
- Family Halloween Party - 10/30/2014
- “Toy Story of Terror” and “Hocus Pocus" - 10/30/2014
- Artists Who Teach - 10/31/2014
- “Family Health” Book Sale - 10/31/2014