Queen of Heaven FUNFest offering family fun
|Midway games and rides, like the Tilt-a-Whirl shown above right at a previous FUNFest, will be available all four days, and a Magical Train Ride like the one shown above left will be available Thursday and Saturday.|
|Photos: Lew Stamp|
The 13th annual event offers family-oriented activities both outside on church grounds and in the Parish Life Center (PLC) each evening from 6 to 10 p.m., according to church officials.
The midway games and rides and KIDSCorner, offering entertainment for children younger than 6, will be available all four days, and a Magical Train Ride will be available Thursday and Saturday, according to event officials.
Dinner specials will be available at the event, and include barbecue chicken on Friday and a steak fry on Saturday. Hamburgers, hot dogs, sausage sandwiches, french fries, corn on the cob, taco salads and carnival fare also will be sold, and baked goods will be available for purchase. New this year will be Aunt Odette’s French Crepes, according to event officials.
Admission to FUNFest is free, but there will be a nominal charge for some activities.
The schedule of live performances planned for FUNFest includes:
- July 31: outside, soloist/guitar player Jeff King from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.; inside, Ballet LeReve at 6:30 p.m.;
- Aug. 1: outdoors, 45 RPM from 7 to 10 p.m.; inside, Dianna Durkin Dance Studio at 6 p.m., The Bourn Academy of Dance at 6:25 p.m., Swing-a-Lings Square Dance Group at 7 p.m. and Sent Forth Contemporary Christian Band at 8:15 p.m.;
- Aug. 2: outdoors, Music Man Danny Milan with Becky Ciocca and Kyle Majnaric from 6:30 to 9 p.m.; inside, 8 Count Dance Studio at 6 p.m. and the Green Dance Team at 6:35 p.m.; and
- Aug. 3: outdoors, Instant Replay Band from 6:30 to 9 p.m. and the Summit Metro Parks Leaf mascot; inside, Al Zimmerman Combo at 6 p.m.
FUNFest also will have a raffle for prizes that include: a grand prize of a new loaded Chevy Equinox courtesy of the VanDevere Bunch; two second-place cash prizes of $500 each; and 10 third-place cash prizes of $100 each. Raffle tickets are $20 each or six for $100. The drawing for prizes will be held Aug. 3 at about 9:30 p.m., and ticket holders need not be present to win.
For raffle tickets or more information, call 330-896-2345.
More Entertainment News
Calendar of Events
- Boogie Woogie Books - 5/26/2015
- A New Beginning - 5/27/2015
- Feeding Time: ages 5 and older - 5/27/2015
- Anime Club - 5/27/2015
- Summer Volunteer Orientation: ages 12-18 - 5/27/2015