Furry friends featured at Lock 3
|Photos: Dale Dong|
Twins Lainey (in black boots) and Shelby (in white boots) Huff, 2, are shown above on Feb. 11 as they give Clifford the Big Red Dog a high-five at the event, while parents Emily and Ben Huff look on. The family lives in Wadsworth.
The weekend event also included admission to the Akron Children’s Museum and its interactive attractions. Pictured at right is Benjamin Pflaum, 1, of Massillon, who was intrigued by the museum’s wind tunnel exhibit. The museum is open Tuesday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information, go to akronkids.com or call 330-396-6103.
The museum is a permanent fixture at Lock 3, located at 200 S. Main St., but winter fun attractions are heading into their last weekend of the season. Sled hill Reindeer Run and the ice skating rink will be open through Feb. 20. For more information, go to lock3live.com or call 330-375-2877.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Entertainment News
- No errors, just comedy in Ohio Shakespeare Festival’s show
- Importance of Earth Day should not be forgotten
- Fashion in the Falls to showcase spring trends
- Autism Society of Greater Akron presents Caring Bunny event
- Bath Community Garage Sale set for June 10
- Young women presented at Sweetheart Ball
- Akron Chapter of Jack and Jill celebrates Founders’ Day
- Local Sons of Italy marks milestone
Calendar of Events
- “Hidden Figures” - 4/23/2017
- Gemboree - 4/23/2017
- Community Art - 4/23/2017
- Yoga and Mimosa; Yoga and Wine - 4/24/2017
- The Art of Journaling; Men Facing Grief Support Group - 4/24/2017