Autism Society of Greater Akron presents Caring Bunny event
Shown at right, from left, are Roy and Riley Snell sitting with the Easter Bunny during the event.
According to Lisa Thompson, special events and program coordinator for the Autism Society, the mall can be overwhelming for children with autism. For this event, the mall was closed and parents and children were able to enjoy a fun morning that included a photo opportunity with the Easter Bunny, crafts and games, a visit with Jungle Bob and a sensory story time experience hosted by the Akron-Summit County Public Library.
The Autism Society of Greater Akron also works with Summit Mall to host a Caring Santa. Both events are offered at no cost to families.
More Entertainment News
Calendar of Events
- University of Akron Choral Concert - 4/28/2017
- Astronomy Club of Akron: Daniel Rothstein on The Four Red Shifts - 4/28/2017
- Bluebell Valley Hike - 4/28/2017
- Rape Crisis Center of Medina & Summit Counties Walk of Heroes - 4/28/2017
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 4/29/2017