Young women presented at Sweetheart Ball
|Photo courtesy of Laura Wall-Stewart|
According to event officials, 20 young women representing five area high schools were presented at the event. An invitation to participate in the Sweetheart Ball and Cotillion is based on academic achievement and school and community involvement, according to event officials.
The event was co-chaired by Katie Mills and Julie Seabrook. According to event officials, Sweetheart Ball and Cotillion Committee members who assisted the chairs were Gladys Anderson, Michelle Davis, Carla Debevic, Angie Hall, Sue Hart, Amanda Mills, Patricia and Tom Mills, Karen Schwarm, Laura Wall-Stewart and Timothy Stewart, and Kay Stonkus.
According to event officials, proceeds from this year’s event benefited Special Olympics of Ohio, Area 10. In support of the Special Olympics, the debutantes baked cookies and made Christmas ornaments and cards for the annual Christmas party at the Summit County Developmental Disabilities Board. Throughout the year, the debutantes also sent cards and letters of encouragement to their Special Olympic athlete pen pals.
The ball participants and the high schools they attend included:
- Archbishop Hoban High School: Alyssa Eckman;
- Barberton High School: Rachel Berlin, Sharay Cawthon, Salena Davis, Macy Debevec, Chyna Roberson, Dorothy Muren and Kenidee Zentiska;
- Green High School: Kaitlyn French, Arora Givens and Mikayla McBride;
- Manchester High School: Ashley Edwards, Olivia Mattioli, Nicole Morrison, Maci Nestlerode, Amy Stewart and Emma Whitt; and
- Norton High School: Haven Foster, Haley Green and Sydney Hagenbush.
More Entertainment News
Calendar of Events
- University of Akron Choral Concert - 4/28/2017
- Astronomy Club of Akron: Daniel Rothstein on The Four Red Shifts - 4/28/2017
- Bluebell Valley Hike - 4/28/2017
- Rape Crisis Center of Medina & Summit Counties Walk of Heroes - 4/28/2017
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 4/29/2017