Local Sons of Italy marks milestone
|Photo courtesy of Jack Schifano|
The guest list included Sons of Italy National Trustee Terry Lattavo and State President Mac Comparetto. Jason Segedy, City of Akron director of planning and urban development, also attended and presented a proclamation from Mayor Dan Horrigan. Akron City Council President Marilyn Keith (D-Ward 8) was also in attendance.
Today, the Order Sons of Italy in America is the only Italian organization in the United States that is recognized by the federal government, according to lodge officials. Akron Lodge 685’s fundraising efforts support college scholarships for members and their children, as well as Project R.I.S.E., Akron Children’s Hospital, Alzheimer’s research, Cooley’s Anemia Fund and the Doug Flutie Autism Awareness Foundation.
More Entertainment News
Calendar of Events
- University of Akron Choral Concert - 4/28/2017
- Astronomy Club of Akron: Daniel Rothstein on The Four Red Shifts - 4/28/2017
- Bluebell Valley Hike - 4/28/2017
- Rape Crisis Center of Medina & Summit Counties Walk of Heroes - 4/28/2017
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 4/29/2017