Elms volunteers support Red and White on Thursday Night
|Photo courtesy of the Arthritis Foundation Northeast Ohio Chapter|
“These students understand that arthritis is a disease that’s bigger than they are,” said Lisa Kermizis Abraham, event co-chair and an Elms alumna.
The students are pictured at right, posing with their teacher Martha Kermizis while volunteering at last year’s event. Students and teachers attended pre-event meetings to learn about the causes of arthritis, the importance of volunteering and the programs the Arthritis Foundation offers.
Tickets cost $90 at the door. Food and wine samples will be provided by local restaurants and liquor distributors.
More Entertainment News
- Weathervane entertains with Chekhov-style comedy
- Akron2Akron walking tours spotlight neighborhoods
- None Too Fragile’s ‘Beauty Queen’ features ‘superior’ acting
- Barberton’s Cherry Blossom Festival in 60th year
- Norton High School students host art party
- STEM learners present ideas to promote Akron arts
- West Side Cause for Celebration
Calendar of Events
- Family Fishing - 4/29/2016
- University of Akron BassoonaRoo - 4/29/2016
- Walk a Mile in Her Shoes to benefit the Rape Crisis Center - 4/29/2016
- Lil’ Sprouts: age 3 and up - 4/29/2016
- University of Akron Dance Company Spring Concert - 4/29/2016