Elms volunteers support Red and White on Thursday Night
|Photo courtesy of the Arthritis Foundation Northeast Ohio Chapter|
“These students understand that arthritis is a disease that’s bigger than they are,” said Lisa Kermizis Abraham, event co-chair and an Elms alumna.
The students are pictured at right, posing with their teacher Martha Kermizis while volunteering at last year’s event. Students and teachers attended pre-event meetings to learn about the causes of arthritis, the importance of volunteering and the programs the Arthritis Foundation offers.
Tickets cost $90 at the door. Food and wine samples will be provided by local restaurants and liquor distributors.
More Entertainment News
- Weathervane Playhouse staging ‘successful’ ‘Unnecessary Farce’
- Akron native James III blends stories, impressions in new show
- KNR raises $20,000 for Rape Crisis Center
- Princesses, heroes highlight of Family Expo
- West Side Cause for Celebration
- Child & Family Awareness Month contest winners announced
- Taste of Coventry raising funds for new playground
- Green High School students among contest winners
- Green PTA Reflections winners recognized
- South Side Cause for Celebration
Calendar of Events
- Boogie Woogie Books - 5/5/2015
- “Doctor Who” Bingo and Trivial Pursuit: grades six-12 - 5/5/2015
- Art Program: ages 11-18 - 5/5/2015
- Antique Appraisals - 5/5/2015
- First Tuesday Dance with Gene Fiocca Band - 5/5/2015