Local fire departments train for roof rescue
|Photos courtesy of Bath Fire Department|
Bath Fire officials state this is a very low frequency incident, but is very high risk.
The department worked in two groups — one with Copley’s 100-foot straight ladder and one with Fairlawn’s 75-foot tower/bucket vehicle. Each group maneuvered a patient (rescue mannequin) into a stokes basket with appropriate ropes and webbing, and then lifted the basket up off the roof and lowered it to the ground. Those efforts are pictured above right and at right.
More Neighborhood News
Calendar of Events
- ZOSO with Joe Vitale Jr. Band - 5/24/2013
- Evil Ways with The Juke Hounds - 5/24/2013
- Voices in the Valley - 5/24/2013
- Who’s Bad? The Ultimate Michael Jackson Tribute - 5/24/2013
- Ballroom Nights - 5/24/2013