East Caston Road improvements perfect, says Green resident
To the editor:
A sincere thank you to the Green Engineering Department and Paul Pickett for improving East Caston Road. What an absolute, perfect piece of new construction, and thanks to Mr. Pickett because he pushed for widening both sides of East Caston Road for the walking and biking public.
One of the best moves our Administration ever made was to hire Dave Hart’s company to supervise the Arlington Road project and the new East Caston Road expansion and resurfacing. I hope I speak for the citizens of Green, Manchester and Jackson Township when I say it is perfection. The specs called for a smaller aggregate, allowing for an extremely smooth surface with the manhole covers framed with solid concrete ending in a 4-foot diameter circle. When embedded in the asphalt, it is almost undetectable driving over the manhole covers now. What an absolute pleasure to drive down East Caston Road.
And finally, it’s only my opinion, but I think NorthStar Paving does the most perfect paving and stripping job of any contractors the city of Green could ever hope to find.
Thank you, Mr. Pickett, NorthStar Paving and especially Dave Hart for a job well done.
Richard Wallace, Green
- Organizers thank Stand Down event supporters
- Letter has inaccuracies, says reader
- League of Women Voters corrects Voters’ Guide
- Area man advocates for Fowler on state board
- Cartoons: 10-16-14
- Springfield resident questions DeVitis’ stance on two issues
- Charter Commission member against Issue 32
- Coventry residents say call school for answers
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 10/22/2014
- Wine and Canvas Painting Class - 10/22/2014
- “Godzilla” - 10/23/2014