Green reader does not support proposed charter amendments
To the editor:
With regard to the proposed charter amendments that will appear on the ballot in November, having followed the process and product attentively, I can only conclude that the process is fatally flawed and the product, this time, suffers from that process.
Although I will concede that Issues Nov. 14 and 15 are marginally appropriate, I can find no redeeming enhanced governance value in Issues 12, 14, 16, 17 or 18, and to avoid confusion, I intend to vote no on all the proposed amendments. Vagueness is a commonly shared component, with the exception of Issue 13, which should be judged on its own merit or lack thereof. It deserves emphatic rejection.
Don Sample, Green
Calendar of Events
- Norma Wagner Uray: Fashion Illustrations - 8/21/2014
- Highland Book Club: “Trains and Lovers,” by Alexander McCall Smith - 8/21/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 8/21/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 8/21/2014
- GriefCare Place - 8/21/2014