Resident supports clean, affordable energy
To the editor:
We don’t want any more subsidies for expensive, unsafe nuclear power or dirty coal. We do want a clean energy economy and more jobs. The candidates are not talking about climate change and the need for energy independence without breaking the bank.
Progress on energy efficiency is already cutting down on our electricity needs and is the most cost effective solution while creating more jobs. Wind and solar provide many jobs and wind is cheaper than new coal per kilowatt hour.
One of the most expensive forms of new electricity is nuclear power. Power companies won’t build them unless they get loan guarantees and charge ratepayers ahead of construction to cover costs — $8 billion dollars per reactor; that’s electricity we don’t need.
Anthony Commarata, West Akron
Calendar of Events
- American Sewing Guild: Pajama Pants Service Project - 10/6/2015
- University of Akron Symphonic Band/Concert Band - 10/7/2015
- Criss Angel Presents: The Supernaturalists - 10/7/2015
- Cooking Seminar and Happy Hour - 10/8/2015
- Healthy Strides Hike and Talk - 10/8/2015