Resident supports clean, affordable energy
To the editor:
We don’t want any more subsidies for expensive, unsafe nuclear power or dirty coal. We do want a clean energy economy and more jobs. The candidates are not talking about climate change and the need for energy independence without breaking the bank.
Progress on energy efficiency is already cutting down on our electricity needs and is the most cost effective solution while creating more jobs. Wind and solar provide many jobs and wind is cheaper than new coal per kilowatt hour.
One of the most expensive forms of new electricity is nuclear power. Power companies won’t build them unless they get loan guarantees and charge ratepayers ahead of construction to cover costs — $8 billion dollars per reactor; that’s electricity we don’t need.
Anthony Commarata, West Akron
- Reader voting for Roemer
- Teacher supports Charney
- West Akron man wants ‘more for our buck’
- Richfield resident urging yes on Issues 10-11
- Student supports Prentice
- New Franklin woman wants Clinton to pay for police protection
- Parent/teacher supporting Springfield levies
- Coventry teacher requesting renewal of levy
- Coventry resident responds to superintendent
- New Franklin man promoting candidates
- Coventry board official asking for ‘yes’ vote
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/25/2014
- Easy Street Band - 10/25/2014
- PAWS for Reading with service dog Molly - 10/25/2014
- Identifying Your Family Photographs - 10/25/2014
- Norton Women’s Club Craft and Gift Show - 10/25/2014