Reader weighs in on president’s performance
To the editor:
A recent letter to the editor defending the failed economic, social and foreign affairs of President [Barack] Obama reeks of Saul Alinsky. Specifically, it smacks of his “Rules for Radicals” publication written to overturn American civil society through a subtle movement of civil society and culture to the left. Tactic Rule No. 5 states: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also, it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.”
That said, the facts of the miserable performance of the occupier in the White House are without dispute. Democrats controlled Congress since January 2007 and were on an uncontrolled spending binge until 2010 elections when common sense Tea Party Republicans moved Nancy Pelosi out of leadership. Let us not forget that Obama has had a Democrat Congress that was fully compliant for two years of his administration.
The bad economy and the real estate sub-prime bubble Obama inherited can be traced directly to Barney Frank and other Democrats who promoted the Bolshevik policy of giving tax money and forcing free enterprise to give credit to those who were not qualified for such credit. The origins in America of this socialist directive is the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977, brought to life by Jimmy Carter and his Democrat Congressional lapdogs.
That being said, here is the bottom line: $16 trillion national debt; record unemployment, runaway government spending, skyrocketing health care costs, class warfare tactics, turmoil in the Middle East … and the narcissistic simpleton in the White House has time to be on “The View.” “The View”? Really?
Richard Bradner, Bath
- Reader voting for Roemer
- Teacher supports Charney
- West Akron man wants ‘more for our buck’
- Richfield resident urging yes on Issues 10-11
- Student supports Prentice
- New Franklin woman wants Clinton to pay for police protection
- Parent/teacher supporting Springfield levies
- Coventry teacher requesting renewal of levy
- Coventry resident responds to superintendent
- New Franklin man promoting candidates
- Coventry board official asking for ‘yes’ vote
Calendar of Events
- The Tubes - 10/24/2014
- Tales for Tots - 10/24/2014
- Voices in the Valley: The Numbers Band - 10/24/2014
- Socks in the Frying Pan - 10/24/2014
- A New Beginning - 10/25/2014