Grandparent supports APS levy
To the editor:
As a citizen of Akron I am proud to say that we have an outstanding school system. Now more than ever, our students need high quality schools to keep Akron’s economy strong. That’s exactly why the Akron Public Schools (APS) offers innovative nationally recognized programming aimed at preparing our children for the 21st century with the right skills, for the right job, at the right time. The APS was named a “school of promise” by the Ohio Department of Education; now we the citizens of Akron must keep this promise alive.
Without this levy, Akron schools will face more teacher layoffs, huge class sizes and innovative program cuts. Voting for Issue No. 61 will not only help our schools, you’ll help yourself and keep our city strong. The cost is just $3 a week for an average city property. Is this not a cheap investment in our children?
I have grandchildren in the APS and I will vote yes for Issue No. 61. It is such a small investment for their future and the future of all of the children in the system. I challenge all voters to keep our fine system moving forward and atop all the other urban districts. Vote yes for Issue No. 61.
Larry Johnson Sr., West Akron
- Reader voting for Roemer
- Teacher supports Charney
- West Akron man wants ‘more for our buck’
- Richfield resident urging yes on Issues 10-11
- Student supports Prentice
- New Franklin woman wants Clinton to pay for police protection
- Parent/teacher supporting Springfield levies
- Coventry teacher requesting renewal of levy
- Coventry resident responds to superintendent
- New Franklin man promoting candidates
- Coventry board official asking for ‘yes’ vote
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/25/2014
- Easy Street Band - 10/25/2014
- PAWS for Reading with service dog Molly - 10/25/2014
- Identifying Your Family Photographs - 10/25/2014
- Norton Women’s Club Craft and Gift Show - 10/25/2014