Coventry teacher asks for levy support
To the editor:
It is imperative that the Coventry Community pass the renewal levy on Nov. 6. This is not a new tax. Without these funds for daily operations, your schools and your children’s education will suffer. Coventry Local School District has been rated “Excellent” by the state of Ohio for the past several years. Each day, teachers take time and talent to ensure that your children get a quality education. This past year, each school in the district received an “Excellent” rating. This is through the hard work and dedication of every Coventry Schools employee.
In the past 12 months, the district has lost revenue due to Gov. [John] Kasich’s leadership. Without your support, Coventry Schools are in jeopardy of losing the quality programs that ensure a well-rounded education.
Keep your schools strong. Vote yes on Issue No. 70 for Coventry Schools. Nothing new; just renew!
Kimberly Milinkovich, Springfield, Coventry Local Schools English teacher
Calendar of Events
- Homeschoolers: Backyard Pollinators: ages 7-10 - 5/6/2016
- Play and Stay Friday - 5/6/2016
- University of Akron: Brass Quintets; Jazz Guitar Ensemble - 5/6/2016
- Getting “On Time” With Your Life - 5/7/2016
- Cleveland Orchestra Chorus and Blossom Festival Chorus - 5/7/2016