Woodridge parent urges residents to vote
To the editor:
The last Woodridge Local School District levy lost by 74 votes. Seventy-four votes. Now the levy is back on the November ballot for the fourth time in a year.
What’s disturbing is the trend of parents that are choosing not to vote at all. During the March 2012 election, 902 parents didn’t vote. During the August 2012 election, over 1,000 parents did not vote.
This is a call to action to get out and vote. It is your civic duty. When you choose not to vote, you are leaving your children’s future up to someone who does vote.
The education of our children who will be the next productive citizens should be top priority for our community.
Please let your voice be heard and get out and vote on Nov. 6!
Jennifer Shannon, Cuyahoga Falls
Calendar of Events
- Yoga and Mimosa; Yoga and Wine - 4/24/2017
- The Art of Journaling; Men Facing Grief Support Group - 4/24/2017
- Fiction Book Club: “Truly Madly Guilty” - 4/25/2017
- Yoga for Homeschoolers: ages 8-12 - 4/25/2017
- PiYo with Morgan Webb - 4/25/2017