U.S. Postal Service accepting ‘New Franklin’ on mail
To the editor:
The purpose of this letter is to inform the citizens of New Franklin that it is now legal to use the name “New Franklin” on all their postal service mail as long as they continue to use the same ZIP code they currently use. This has been authorized through the Cleveland Postal Service Distribution Department and the supervisor George Brewer. This took effect in January.
This change came about to give the city of New Franklin an identity of its own. We no longer need to be identified as Akron, Barberton, Canal Fulton, Clinton or Norton as long as we continue to use our current ZIP codes.
Special thanks to Mark Kochheiser in the Zoning Department and George Brewer of the U.S. Postal Service, as well as the mayor and New Franklin Council members for their help in achieving this goal. Thanks to South Side News Leader reporter Maria Lindsay for keeping our residents informed on the progress of this project.
New Franklin citizens may want to use the name “New Franklin” on the following: bank checks, driver’s licenses, envelope address stickers, voter registration forms and personal identification cards.
We already use the city name “New Franklin” when we buy car license tags, as this allows our city to receive a percentage of the purchase of the price of the tags.
It is hoped that the city of New Franklin will continue to grow and progress for the benefit of all our residents. Best of all, this change was at no cost to the city.
Gust Kalapodis, New Franklin Council Ward 4 representative
- Organizers thank Stand Down event supporters
- Letter has inaccuracies, says reader
- League of Women Voters corrects Voters’ Guide
- Area man advocates for Fowler on state board
- Cartoons: 10-16-14
- Springfield resident questions DeVitis’ stance on two issues
- Charter Commission member against Issue 32
- Coventry residents say call school for answers
Calendar of Events
- Amazing World of Bats - 10/21/2014
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 10/22/2014
- Wine and Canvas Painting Class - 10/22/2014