Manchester district thankful for fire response
To the editor:
On Monday, March 4, there was an electrical fire in the outside classroom at Manchester Middle School.
Through the observation and speedy response of Dawn Stoker, Jim Gillig, Derrick Mauger, J.R. Easterling and Lauren Shaffer, the students’ safety was assured and the fire department was called. Within four minutes, the New Franklin Fire Department arrived on the scene and extinguished the fire. In addition, the firemen were very careful to protect technology equipment and teacher resources.
The Manchester Board of Education, employees and students extend our thanks to [Fire] Chief Steve Leslie, the New Franklin firefighters and the firefighters from the Village of Clinton. In addition, we thank [Police] Chief Dan Davidson and Mayor Al Bollas for their support. We are fortunate to be served by these professional safety forces.
Sam Reynolds, superintendent, Manchester Local School District
Calendar of Events
- Kindness Matters! - 9/17/2014
- Writers Live Author Luncheon featuring Wanda Brunstetter - 9/17/2014
- New Faculty Recital - 9/17/2014
- Highland Book Club: “Wonder” by R.J. Palacio - 9/18/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 9/18/2014