Manchester district thankful for fire response
To the editor:
On Monday, March 4, there was an electrical fire in the outside classroom at Manchester Middle School.
Through the observation and speedy response of Dawn Stoker, Jim Gillig, Derrick Mauger, J.R. Easterling and Lauren Shaffer, the students’ safety was assured and the fire department was called. Within four minutes, the New Franklin Fire Department arrived on the scene and extinguished the fire. In addition, the firemen were very careful to protect technology equipment and teacher resources.
The Manchester Board of Education, employees and students extend our thanks to [Fire] Chief Steve Leslie, the New Franklin firefighters and the firefighters from the Village of Clinton. In addition, we thank [Police] Chief Dan Davidson and Mayor Al Bollas for their support. We are fortunate to be served by these professional safety forces.
Sam Reynolds, superintendent, Manchester Local School District
- Reader voting for Roemer
- Teacher supports Charney
- West Akron man wants ‘more for our buck’
- Richfield resident urging yes on Issues 10-11
- Student supports Prentice
- New Franklin woman wants Clinton to pay for police protection
- Parent/teacher supporting Springfield levies
- Coventry teacher requesting renewal of levy
- Coventry resident responds to superintendent
- New Franklin man promoting candidates
- Coventry board official asking for ‘yes’ vote
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/25/2014
- Easy Street Band - 10/25/2014
- PAWS for Reading with service dog Molly - 10/25/2014
- Identifying Your Family Photographs - 10/25/2014
- Norton Women’s Club Craft and Gift Show - 10/25/2014