Manchester district thankful for fire response
To the editor:
On Monday, March 4, there was an electrical fire in the outside classroom at Manchester Middle School.
Through the observation and speedy response of Dawn Stoker, Jim Gillig, Derrick Mauger, J.R. Easterling and Lauren Shaffer, the students’ safety was assured and the fire department was called. Within four minutes, the New Franklin Fire Department arrived on the scene and extinguished the fire. In addition, the firemen were very careful to protect technology equipment and teacher resources.
The Manchester Board of Education, employees and students extend our thanks to [Fire] Chief Steve Leslie, the New Franklin firefighters and the firefighters from the Village of Clinton. In addition, we thank [Police] Chief Dan Davidson and Mayor Al Bollas for their support. We are fortunate to be served by these professional safety forces.
Sam Reynolds, superintendent, Manchester Local School District
- Fairlawn mayor urges ‘no’ vote on Issues 13-17
- Former teacher, board member supports bond issue
- Norton resident says Barberton partnership ‘overdue’
- Bath man questions need for conservancy
- Cartoon: 10-20-16
- Purple Martin Association official appreciates state designation
- Green resident questions City Council raises
- Cartoon: 10-21-16
Calendar of Events
- Collage 2016 - 10/26/2016
- Scrapbooking - 10/26/2016
- Eating Healthy on a Budget - 10/26/2016
- Sisters in Art 2016 Exhibit - 10/27/2016
- Cuyahoga Valley Heritage Concert: Dom Flemons - 10/27/2016