Coventry resident says cuts sound like threats
To the editor:
I’m confused. The Coventry voters turned down the school levy in August 2012 and again in February 2013.
Last summer, all we heard about was that we needed a new school and the state would cover some of the cost. After that levy failed, very little was said leading up to the February levy vote.
Now the superintendent and school board are threatening to cut busing, sports, music programs, etc. Why weren’t the voters informed of these issues last summer and fall? Now they want to close the community health center [Portage Lakes Fitness Center]. These do sound like threats.
If this levy fails, I think the school board and superintendent will be to blame.
Mary Finefrock, Coventry
Calendar of Events
- Adventurers of the Year Amy and Dave Freeman - 3/27/2015
- Alice Tan Ridley - 3/27/2015
- Astronomy Club of Akron: NASA Chief Pilot Alan Mickelwright - 3/27/2015
- Brass Band of the Western Reserve - 3/28/2015
- Basket Weaving 101: Easter Basket - 3/28/2015