Plans for Portage Lakes Fitness Center questioned
To the editor:
I would like to add my thoughts to the ongoing controversy re: the latest attempt by the Coventry Schools Board [of Education] to pass yet another tax onto the already overburdened, taxed-out citizens of Coventry Township.
Added to the latest litany of “threats” proposed by the board is a proposal to close the Portage Lakes Fitness Center. The Fitness Center is operated by the Akron YMCA and rents space in the Coventry High School building. How could closing the Fitness Center (and the cessation of rent checks from the YMCA to the school board) possibly result in a cost savings?
This is simply a veiled threat to scare seniors and other members of the Fitness Center into voting for the levy!
Richard Hart, Coventry
- Organizers thank Stand Down event supporters
- Letter has inaccuracies, says reader
- League of Women Voters corrects Voters’ Guide
- Area man advocates for Fowler on state board
- Cartoons: 10-16-14
- Springfield resident questions DeVitis’ stance on two issues
- Charter Commission member against Issue 32
- Coventry residents say call school for answers
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/22/2014
- Bastille - 10/22/2014
- Weekday Walkers - 10/22/2014
- Wine and Canvas Painting Class - 10/22/2014
- “Godzilla” - 10/23/2014