Plans for Portage Lakes Fitness Center questioned
To the editor:
I would like to add my thoughts to the ongoing controversy re: the latest attempt by the Coventry Schools Board [of Education] to pass yet another tax onto the already overburdened, taxed-out citizens of Coventry Township.
Added to the latest litany of “threats” proposed by the board is a proposal to close the Portage Lakes Fitness Center. The Fitness Center is operated by the Akron YMCA and rents space in the Coventry High School building. How could closing the Fitness Center (and the cessation of rent checks from the YMCA to the school board) possibly result in a cost savings?
This is simply a veiled threat to scare seniors and other members of the Fitness Center into voting for the levy!
Richard Hart, Coventry
- Fairlawn mayor urges ‘no’ vote on Issues 13-17
- Former teacher, board member supports bond issue
- Norton resident says Barberton partnership ‘overdue’
- Bath man questions need for conservancy
- Cartoon: 10-20-16
- Purple Martin Association official appreciates state designation
- Green resident questions City Council raises
- Cartoon: 10-21-16
Calendar of Events
- Collage 2016 - 10/26/2016
- Scrapbooking - 10/26/2016
- Eating Healthy on a Budget - 10/26/2016
- Sisters in Art 2016 Exhibit - 10/27/2016
- Cuyahoga Valley Heritage Concert: Dom Flemons - 10/27/2016