Chamber official says ‘success comes with sacrifice’
To the editor:
It seems some with extreme short sightedness wish to derail the future success and growth of Coventry Local School District (CLSD) students. The people of this school district have an opportunity to blaze a trail for the current and especially future students of CLSD. You have the responsibility to give Coventry families future hope for not only excellent education but community development for decades to come.
A school building is nothing more than four walls with a community’s future inside. Educational excellence breeds community growth, business dedication and pride in our residents. Students develop at the level of their surroundings, and dodging falling plaster is not an exciting environment for lifting excitement.
As a Chamber of Commerce, we would encourage every parent, grandparent and resident alike to look toward a climate of growth and pride. We can soon hope to view the renovation and construction of new educational pride. We must begin to realize that success comes with some sacrifice. It is our hope the future builders of this community will be able to look back and thank those who could see the future. These next generation graduates and business people will certainly give their next generations a hand up and not a cold shoulder.
Joe Fazek, CEO, South Summit Chamber of Commerce (Barberton)
- Reader voting for Roemer
- Teacher supports Charney
- West Akron man wants ‘more for our buck’
- Richfield resident urging yes on Issues 10-11
- Student supports Prentice
- New Franklin woman wants Clinton to pay for police protection
- Parent/teacher supporting Springfield levies
- Coventry teacher requesting renewal of levy
- Coventry resident responds to superintendent
- New Franklin man promoting candidates
- Coventry board official asking for ‘yes’ vote
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 10/26/2014
- ‘60s Halloween Monster Mash presented by Bill Brauning - 10/26/2014
- Gemboree - 10/26/2014
- Intent to Deceive - 10/26/2014
- Autumn Painted Red Exhibit - 10/26/2014