Writer corrects claim in letter
To the editor:
Apparently my information regarding the threat of closing the Portage Lakes Fitness Center was incorrect, specifically the cash flow progression, although the basic premise remains the same [“Plans for Portage Lakes Fitness Center questioned,” April 18, 2013].
The Coventry Local School District directly receives all the revenue from the Portage Lakes Fitness Center and in turn contracts with the Akron YMCA to manage it.
Why would you want to slaughter the cash cow, under the guise of “cost reduction” (which I do not buy) to coerce the Portage Lakes Fitness Center members to vote for the 34-year tax?
This sounds like a vendetta. Do it my way or I will punish you!
Richard Hart, Coventry
Calendar of Events
- History Hike - 11/28/2014
- After Thanksgiving Hike - 11/28/2014
- Brent Kirby and His Luck with Rebecca Wohlever - 11/28/2014
- Akron Metro Parks Hiking Club - 11/28/2014
- A New Adventure - 11/29/2014