Writer corrects claim in letter
To the editor:
Apparently my information regarding the threat of closing the Portage Lakes Fitness Center was incorrect, specifically the cash flow progression, although the basic premise remains the same [“Plans for Portage Lakes Fitness Center questioned,” April 18, 2013].
The Coventry Local School District directly receives all the revenue from the Portage Lakes Fitness Center and in turn contracts with the Akron YMCA to manage it.
Why would you want to slaughter the cash cow, under the guise of “cost reduction” (which I do not buy) to coerce the Portage Lakes Fitness Center members to vote for the 34-year tax?
This sounds like a vendetta. Do it my way or I will punish you!
Richard Hart, Coventry
- Reader voting for Roemer
- Teacher supports Charney
- West Akron man wants ‘more for our buck’
- Richfield resident urging yes on Issues 10-11
- Student supports Prentice
- New Franklin woman wants Clinton to pay for police protection
- Parent/teacher supporting Springfield levies
- Coventry teacher requesting renewal of levy
- Coventry resident responds to superintendent
- New Franklin man promoting candidates
- Coventry board official asking for ‘yes’ vote
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/25/2014
- Easy Street Band - 10/25/2014
- PAWS for Reading with service dog Molly - 10/25/2014
- Identifying Your Family Photographs - 10/25/2014
- Norton Women’s Club Craft and Gift Show - 10/25/2014