Student asks for voter support
To the editor:
Please, don’t stop the music at Coventry. The passage of Issue No. 5 will ensure that students will not lose clubs and activities that are important to them. I’m a junior at Coventry High School and am involved in band, drama, Key Club and Echo Club. Without the support of the community, these programs will be lost.
I’ve been in band since fifth grade. Each year, the band plays for the elementary students and it’s amazing to see how excited the little ones get as they dance to our music. In addition to performing, band also provides students a chance to work together and form friendships.
The drama department includes grades nine to 12. This year, our production of “Murder in the Heir” was a murder mystery, complete with audience participation. This is another outlet for teenagers to work together to achieve a goal. We painted scenery, sewed costumes and learned our lines. This was another great way for teenagers to build friendships and enjoy the performing arts.
As the vice president of Key Club, our senior community is important to us. This year, we’ve planned three work days to help the elderly with house and yard work. We know it is important to give back and help others.
Our new Echo Club works to encourage an environmentally friendly school. We aid the canoe livery and help to clean the shoreline of the Portage Lakes.
Clubs and activities are an important part of high school life. Teenagers rely on them as a way to not just socialize, but for teamwork and friendships. Don’t bring our music to a halt. Vote for Coventry’s kids on May 7. Vote yes on Issue No. 5.
Kalyn Snider, Coventry
- Reader voting for Roemer
- Teacher supports Charney
- West Akron man wants ‘more for our buck’
- Richfield resident urging yes on Issues 10-11
- Student supports Prentice
- New Franklin woman wants Clinton to pay for police protection
- Parent/teacher supporting Springfield levies
- Coventry teacher requesting renewal of levy
- Coventry resident responds to superintendent
- New Franklin man promoting candidates
- Coventry board official asking for ‘yes’ vote
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/25/2014
- Easy Street Band - 10/25/2014
- PAWS for Reading with service dog Molly - 10/25/2014
- Identifying Your Family Photographs - 10/25/2014
- Norton Women’s Club Craft and Gift Show - 10/25/2014