Support for New Franklin parade recognized
To the editor:
I would like to thank everyone who participated in the city of New Franklin’s Memorial Day Parade.
The Master of Ceremonies was Mr. David Stock, [New Franklin City] Council President (Ward 3). The national anthem was sung by Ms. Paige Burris, a senior at Manchester High School. Our Grand Marshal was Mr. Robert Miller, a veteran of the U.S. Army, Calvary Division. The invocation/benediction was given by Joel Stroup, youth pastor of Grace Bible Church.
I would like to thank the American Legion Post No. 566, Mr. Ralph DeVoe, captain, and Honor Guard members Al Lepley, Doug Delaney, George DuBaj, Dave Dowling, Jim Cullins and John Kamm for performing the gun salute.
Thanks again to Pastor Joel Stroup and the youth group for the wonderful pancake breakfast and for the use of their parking lot and sound system. Special thanks to Paul Richards, Boy Scout Troop No. 118, for an Eagle Scout project that repaired all the broken grave monuments in the Manchester Cemetery (that could be repaired) and that dug and poured concrete footers for two War of 1812 veteran markers for men known to be buried in unmarked graves. Also from Troop 118, Louie Roberts made and installed veteran flag holders on the graves of known veterans. Both young men attend Manchester High School.
From Manchester High School, I would like to thank Mr. Brian King, band director, and Mr. Rick Harper, choir director, for all their assistance. A special thanks to the New Franklin Police Department, New Franklin Fire Department and Road Department for their participation.
Last, but not least, thanks to the community businesses that made donations to the parade: Tim and Jeannette Eberhart, of Eberhart Funeral Home; Mr. Bill Anthony, of the Portage Lakes IGA; McDonald’s at 5165 Manchester Road; and Mr. Bernie King, of Acme No. 14. Thank you for your continued support.
Again, thanks for making this year’s parade a huge success!!
Tami Stefan, chairperson, New Franklin Memorial Day Parade
- Reader voting for Roemer
- Teacher supports Charney
- West Akron man wants ‘more for our buck’
- Richfield resident urging yes on Issues 10-11
- Student supports Prentice
- New Franklin woman wants Clinton to pay for police protection
- Parent/teacher supporting Springfield levies
- Coventry teacher requesting renewal of levy
- Coventry resident responds to superintendent
- New Franklin man promoting candidates
- Coventry board official asking for ‘yes’ vote
Calendar of Events
- A New Beginning - 10/25/2014
- Easy Street Band - 10/25/2014
- PAWS for Reading with service dog Molly - 10/25/2014
- Identifying Your Family Photographs - 10/25/2014
- Norton Women’s Club Craft and Gift Show - 10/25/2014